• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jerabek traded to Capitals

Re: Jerabak traded to Capitals

And there goes yet another KHL experiment.

I see a pattern (excluding Radulov). Grab KHL talent for free, realize you don't want him, trade them for a low pick.

One of our only puck-movers on D and never really got a chance. It's dumb.

Hope he plays well in Washington.

One of our only puck-movers on D and never really got a chance. It's dumb.

Hope he plays well in Washington.

I agree. If he's that bad, then MB's euro scouts are not doing their jobs.

We're so stupid. Not so much for the trade but the misuse of the player.

Wtf? Not that Jerabek is anything special... but I he at least has some promise as a puck mover. Is our goal to have the least mobile defense in history?

Wtf? Not that Jerabek is anything special... but I he at least has some promise as a puck mover. Is our goal to have the least mobile defense in history?

Remember those old slow defensemen that the bruins used to have that the speedy habs would blow past?

Remember their coach?

You know who our coach is now?

At least we got the useful Dale Weise the last time we traded a random unknown Euro d-man...

He was misused, but we're going through a rebuild.

Stock pile the picks.

The issue here is that MB is leading the rebuild.

A stupid trade for a low return. Bergy always buys high and sells low.

Jerabek is younger, better and cheaper than Schlemko, Benn and Alzner which I realize doesn't make him great but a 5th round pick?

In the words of our Prime Minister: "Come on!"

Pierre LeBrun
[emoji818]
@PierreVLeBrun
Worth pointing out on Jerabek, don't rule out the possibility of the Habs circling back to him on July 1....
12:51 - 21 févr. 2018

Pierre LeBrun
[emoji818]
@PierreVLeBrun
Worth pointing out on Jerabek, don't rule out the possibility of the Habs circling back to him on July 1....
12:51 - 21 févr. 2018

I doubt it, couldn't they have traded Benn for a 5th somewhere and kept Jerabek? And I doubt Jerabek is coming back, the way he was used this year. Why would he want to come back?

In the little time i've seen him, he often looked like a dmen willing to jump-in to help on offense.....Julien probably didn't like that.

I know Jerabek was pretty good in OT.....how do you not play a dmen like that, at least see what he can give you, no ?

What is Schlemko doing for us ?

A computer running a team in EA Sports could do better than Habs management

I doubt it, couldn't they have traded Benn for a 5th somewhere and kept Jerabek? And I doubt Jerabek is coming back, the way he was used this year. Why would he want to come back?
I think Habs are expecting a lot more for Benn - guessing they’re hoping for a bidding war to potentially up his price to a 2nd rounder.

Jerabak traded to Capitals

A good point until you realize a guy like schlemko or morrow would be playing in the minors if sent to Washington.
Doesn’t Schlemko have another year or two left on his deal? Term limits trade options at deadline.

Wouldn’t shock me if they tried to move Morrow & he had zero value in the marketplace.

Jerabek is anNHL unknown so hope factor exists, Morroq is a known entity of emptiness

In the little time i've seen him, he often looked like a dmen willing to jump-in to help on offense.....Julien probably didn't like that.
Some people want to pin all the blame on MB, but this team has Juliens influence all over it. He wanted to turn the habs into the bruising bruins that he had before, and puck moving defensemen don't factor into that
I know Jerabek was pretty good in OT.....how do you not play a dmen like that, at least see what he can give you, no ?
One would think
What is Schlemko doing for us ?
Helping the tank
A computer running a team in EA Sports could do better than Habs management

I know that in my franchise mode(I'm using nashville), the habs have a elite art ross winner in galchenyuk, at center, danault is on the 4th line, pleks got traded away, and scherbak was getting 25-30 goals on the second line.

They also won the cup in 2020.

Back