• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Plekanec traded to Maple Leafs

Any Hab fans care to give a scouting report on the kind of player turtleneck is, these days?

I'm guessing Baun isn't much of a real prospect either, going by his age and numbers.

Regarding the prospects you've got---Kerby Rychel came to Toronto after demanding a trade out of Columbus, because he felt he wasn't given an opportunity there. In two years with the Toronto Marlies, Rychel kept falling down the depth chart as he wasn't really making any progress, and other wingers (Marner, Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Leivo, Soshnikov) kept passing him on the depth chart. I honestly think he's just a filler contract in this deal.

As for Valiev, he's another guy that had trouble fighting his way up the depth chart, but I do think he's got an NHL future as a serviceable bottom-pairing guy. There's nothing in particular that stands out about his game, but he's a solid, steady player, and didn't look out of place for his 10-game NHL stint in 2015/16.

We have an entire farm system of crappy prospects , those 2 should fit in fine.

**** turtleneck. Apparently we could have received a first from Winnipeg and he whined about it. They better not resign him.

Interesting take:
Grant McCagg

Valiev is a much-needed young left defence prospect. Really came along after he was drafted..a solid bottom-pairing defensive defenceman. Habs will be moving at least one veteran defenceman and Valiev will finish season in MTL I'd say.

Well now you guys will get to see just what Plekanec brought to the team when they let in an extra goal or two because he's not there.

Any Hab fans care to give a scouting report on the kind of player turtleneck is, these days?

I'm guessing Baun isn't much of a real prospect either, going by his age and numbers.

Regarding the prospects you've got---Kerby Rychel came to Toronto after demanding a trade out of Columbus, because he felt he wasn't given an opportunity there. In two years with the Toronto Marlies, Rychel kept falling down the depth chart as he wasn't really making any progress, and other wingers (Marner, Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Kapanen, Leivo, Soshnikov) kept passing him on the depth chart. I honestly think he's just a filler contract in this deal.

As for Valiev, he's another guy that had trouble fighting his way up the depth chart, but I do think he's got an NHL future as a serviceable bottom-pairing guy. There's nothing in particular that stands out about his game, but he's a solid, steady player, and didn't look out of place for his 10-game NHL stint in 2015/16.

Baun had a very good year in Rockford last year and was expected to be part of a powerhouse team in Laval. But he was a major disappointment like the whole Laval team. Plekanec's offensive game has continued to diminish to the point he is a zero threat out there, but he continues to do everything else well. Still skates well and makes smart defensive plays.

Math fails me again. If Plekanec plays in remaining 18 games, he'll finish the season at 999. Imagine that he does in fact play his 1000th in a Canadiens uniform? I believe it's a very real possibility.

LOL

**** turtleneck. Apparently we could have received a first from Winnipeg and he whined about it. They better not resign him.

perhaps they made him happy in order to resign him

Well now you guys will get to see just what Plekanec brought to the team when they let in an extra goal or two because he's not there.

So? The team needs to be rebuilt/retooled, whatever you want to call it. 14 is not part of that.

We have two games remaining with the Leafs, going to be weird seeing him in blue and white. Both games in Toronto so no chance for fans to say goodbye.

Back