• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Season Tickets

My price is the same.. $92 for sideline premier or preferred or whatever they call it... F&B card and discounts and parking all looked the same too. Unfortunately at first glance nothing really exciting jumped out at me. I saw the 11 month plan mentioned... ok. Ooh, a STM hat that I'll have to decide how to split with my ticket partner.

This team has left me bone weary... It takes too much money, time and effort to keep showing up for crap. If I want to feel the soul sucked out of me, I'll go to Wal-Mart. Please tell me there will be some strategy, new personnel, unloading crap pieces, firing the GM and coach to improve the on ice product.

So everything...refers to notes...remains the same.

Except one might elect to stretch the payments out a bit longer.

Which is an improvement in that under PK's watch he held all the season ticket money by December...about the time we all realized we were going nowhere post-season...again.

How do y'all that are STMs feel about a price freeze in the face of the massive discounting that has been instituted?

I'm not very happy about that Boardwork. I was expecting more than what they are offering especially on price.

I'm not very happy about that Boardwork. I was expecting more than what they are offering especially on price.

Agree. With all the comments from TD about filling the lower bowl I expected better pricing, or at least some more creative packages (for example, 11 game packages on the sidelines) in the lower level.

Agree. With all the comments from TD about filling the lower bowl I expected better pricing, or at least some more creative packages (for example, 11 game packages on the sidelines) in the lower level.

I wonder how much of this is a "we can't" attitude ("We can't give up that revenue") and at the same time, I'm half expecting to here "CanesPack- Start the season right" followed by "Canes Pack-Fill the PNC for the critical winter stretch" and the "Canes Pack - bring them home" promotions to be coming.

I was considering getting back into the STM club, but there is no reason to. This actually reminds me of when I dropped my tickets. I had a rep tell me my price had not gone up (same freeze story), but I showed my two invoices and there was roughly a $1000 difference (parking increase and "expiration of a thanks for staying discount"). So, my price did not go up. I offered to stay if they matched the previous year (a practice that was pretty common back then from talking to others--special deals were common). They said no, I said no and StubHub is my friend.

The timing of the email is certainly suboptimal. ����
As an aside, since I decided 10 years ago to not renew my season tickets, I have saved enough money over those 10 seasons to put my 15 year old through college.

Oh, and I missed one playoff run.

Unfortunately, I sort of expected them not to decrease. Sort of like those bonds that are voted on in which the tax rate never magically seems to never go down after the bond expires. Sure would have been fairly easy to just knock off a % for every consecutive year that you've renewed. Alas, I'm afraid I'm going to suck it up one more year only because of the hope that the ownership change will make a difference.
How do y'all that are STMs feel about a price freeze in the face of the massive discounting that has been instituted?

Unfortunately, I sort of expected them not to decrease. Sort of like those bonds that are voted on in which the tax rate never magically seems to never go down after the bond expires. Sure would have been fairly easy to just knock off a % for every consecutive year that you've renewed. Alas, I'm afraid I'm going to suck it up one more year only because of the hope that the ownership change will make a difference.

The idea of a discount based on years of being an STM is a great one. They could do it for all. X% discount per consecutive year for existing STMs. Y% (lower) to bring back lapsed STMs. Nothing special for new STMs

Nah, do it like the cable tv companies do, offer a big discount to the new customers.

I finally went in and looked at my invoice. It's exactly the same as last year, including the $10 parking charge.

They did come up with 2 "Pure Hockey" tickets that are discounted and have fewer benefits.

For $75 per game, you can sit in the top 8 rows of 103 or 105. The regular STM price for those seats is $101 per game, so it's a savings of $1,118 per ticket for 43 games. For $40 per game you can site in certain rows in lower level north (the Zamboni end). The regular STM price for those is $51 per game, so it's a savings of $473 per ticket.

Let me put it this way...they better have forewarned the ticket reps about this because the are going to be a lot of season ticket members who are going to be plenty pissed off about being asked to pony up the same amount of money after all of the discounts that were being thrown around this season. I feel screwed and I am only paying $51 a seat per game....those who were paying much more than that REALLY got screwed this past season. And now they are coming back around asking for the same amount of money again and offering a hat and maybe a few more chances to get a picture with the players?

I will say I appreciate the expanded exchange opportunity that they are touting, that might come in handy for me, but none of the STM stuff will matter that much to me if they spend all next season undercutting me again. I'm very disappointed and surprised that they offer really NOTHING to season ticket members after the severe screw job this season. Yeah yeah fill the building and all that...but this is the biggest season ticket holder screw job I've ever seen. Sorry the STM exclusive stuff isn't worth overpaying for my tickets for most games by 20%. Those of you paying $90+ per seat per game who ended up overpaying for a dozen games worth of their seats by more than 100% I feel for you. What a slap in the face getting basically NOTHING in return for that indignity.

And since I'm in those $51 seats that are now also being offered for "Pure Hockey". One full season ticket at $51 per costs you $2,193. When you compare what you get if you the 'Pure hockey" option at $40 per game, you don't get:

The 7% food voucher (Worth $153 if you got a regular full season tix)
The 4 vouchers (Worth $204 if you got a regular full season tix)

So you saved $473 per ticket and gave up $357 worth of value (if those vouchers and food are valuable to you, they are to me). Net real savings? $2.70 per game. Oh and you can't exchange your seats.

Last edited:
I got my renewal email today. My prices are frozen from this year, $55 for mezzanine. There are a few more perks, but the biggest to me is an extension of the 7 month payment plan to 11 months. The current plan is 30% down with payments from June - December. I don't know what the new plan will be.

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/tickets/season-tickets#pricing

My price is the same.. $92 for sideline premier or preferred or whatever they call it... F&B card and discounts and parking all looked the same too. Unfortunately at first glance nothing really exciting jumped out at me. I saw the 11 month plan mentioned... ok. Ooh, a STM hat that I'll have to decide how to split with my ticket partner.

We re-upped today; by my math the 11-month plan is 3 extra up front and 1 extra at the back end... 11 equal payments starting today, ending in January. So the deposit pain isn't as great (9.1% today rather than 30%) it's basically spreading out the deposit over 3 months Mar-May and then shaving a bit off the regular payments to spread over 8 instead of 7 months.

I wished they still had the 7 game plan but I might get the 11 game plan. My last time with any plan was 2006 so maybe I am good luck.

I was basically straight up told that we full STHers would “be taken care of.” If a price freeze was what they had in mid when that statement was made, then they don’t know their heads from a bucket of sand. I’m not angry, just convinced that this team remains clueless about their market. Hopefully that will change, but I’m still in show me mode with Dundon. And he hasn’t showed me all that much

I would think the season ticket sales numbers (and partial plans) will influence any discounting for next year. If sales are high enough that would lead to less discounts. The new owner might lead to more sales, time will tell.

The problem is that they started what could be a very bad cycle. A lot of season ticket holders are going to look at what just happened this season and not renew as cheaper tickets seem to be offered for sale by the Canes for a whole heck of a lot of the season. Then what, they are going to keep offering the discounts because season ticket sales were down?

Dundon's take, if you watch the video on the renewal site, appears to be that people want to be close to the players, have more interaction with the players, get to know the players, make a connection with the players and the team. And those opportunities will be there for season ticket members. That's neat, but at least to me that is not worth paying MORE for season tickets than I might otherwise pay per game FROM THE TEAM. The secondary market generally provides 'cheaper seat' options compared to the box office, I get that and that is fine. I have milked that for years. But for the Canes to undercut season ticket holders over and over and over again for most of the season? That's not very smart. And partial plan holders? Whoa, they REALLY got screwed this season.

The only way to save this all now is to put a real strong team on the ice and win people into buying season ticket plans, because what they did this season into this renewal is a pretty crappy business plan.

Anyone ask their rep what that 'Shoot for your Seats' event is that only full season ticket members are eligible for? I'm guessing they put you at the far blueline and hang a board with a very small puck sized hole on the opposite goal and if you shoot a puck in you get your season tix for free? Is that too nuts to be feasible?

Back