• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators

SlapShots

The Canes (32-31-11) are north of the border tonight in Canada's capital city to face the Ottawa Senators (26-36-11). Two struggling teams who are both at the end of overwhelmingly disappointing seasons.

Erik Karlsson is returning tonight after missing two games-- similar circumstances as the Jordan Staal family. Likely to be an emotional return.

Condon is in net for Ottawa. Darling? Ward? Who knows...

Aho is on a seven game point streak (3g, 7a). Karlsson (3g, 10a) in his past 10 games.

In Ottawa, one of the most loathed men is their owner, Eugene Melnyk, after threats to move the team if the city did not support his franchise. Guy Boucher and (perhaps?) Bill Peters will both be looking for contracts next season. Speaking of contracts, Karlsson will be tendered one by Ottawa come July 1st-- likely to hit the open market and not re-sign with the Sens.

Hurricanes projected lineup
Valentin Zykov -- Sebastian Aho -- Teuvo Teravainen

Brock McGinn -- Jordan Staal -- Justin Williams

Jeff Skinner -- Elias Lindholm -- Lee Stempniak

Joakim Nordstrom -- Derek Ryan -- Phillip Di Giuseppe

Jaccob Slavin -- Justin Faulk

Klas Dahlbeck -- Roland McKeown

Haydn Fleury -- Trevor van Riemsdyk

Ottawa's Projected Lineup:

Ryan Dzingel -- Matt Duchene -- Mike Hoffman

Magnus Paajarvi -- Jean-Gabriel Pageau -- Tom Pyatt

Bobby Ryan -- Zack Smith -- Alexandre Burrows

Max McCormick -- Filip Chlapik

Thomas Chabot -- Erik Karlsson

Christian Wolanin -- Cody Ceci

Mark Borowiecki -- Ben Harpur

Puck drops at 7PM.

Will it be hockey for you all or more NCAA basketball??

Stupid game alerts on my phone interfering with Physical Graffiti as I work tonight.

Zykov’s fault the canes only have 13 shots through 2. And he’s only got 1 assist.

Zykov is getting a good showcasing.

Maybe so. It seems these guys are looking at him like, what do we do with this guy? Big, strong, has hands, scores goals, cleans entire areas of the ice, dominates the crease, scores lots of goals, but a little slow skating. He'll never fit our system. The computer says he is a risk until he makes five games. Lets get rid of this strange anomaly.

Back