• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

NHL Playoff Prediction Thread: 2017-2018 Edition

Oh come on.

The Bruins won the cup in 2012, you didn't commit ritual suicide. Them beating the leafs in the first round is nothing. Meanwhile, after all the good fortune the leafs have had with their lottery luck and prospects panning out, it would be nice to seem them brought back down to earth and realize that maybe their cup parade isn't written in the stars.

I hate them but went to the Seguin cup parade day in Brampton with my Bruin buddies.

He grew up in the same subdivision as my buddy

There must of been a 100 of us wearing Hab sweaters that day ...it was hilarious .

I hate them but went to the Seguin cup parade day in Brampton with my Bruin buddies.

He grew up in the same subdivision as my buddy

There must of been a 100 of us wearing Hab sweaters that day ...it was hilarious .
Seguin wearing one too?

Seguin wearing one too?

No ...dude was in shorts , T-Shirt, and flip flops from what I remember when he was on stage

There was some goof banging a drum for about an hour til some guy told him to F.OFF ..... I was in tears laughing

No ...dude was in shorts , T-Shirt, and flip flops from what I remember when he was on stage

There was some goof banging a drum for about an hour til some guy told him to F.OFF ..... I was in tears laughing

haha

Fandom is a weird thing.

Count hates the nucks so much that he cheered for Boston to win the cup.

Everyone who doesnt live in montreal don't seem to hate the leafs.

From what I experienced growing up in montreal, people really hate toronto, dislike the bruins.

Growing up I wasn't a hockey fan, I became one before ever really following the habs. Team canada nagano was where I fell in love with hockey.

But before I ever fell in love with hockey I knew to hate toronto. I grew up hating toronto, and when I learned about hockey, that hate was transfered to the leafs.

So I don't care about Boston winning. I dont like them. But the tears of leaf fans right now is so damn delicious I really don't care.

This series is so fun to watch for me while reading hfboards leafs.

I live in Montreal most of my life, never hated the Leafs. Same for my friends. I'm wondering if it's an Anglo thing.

I live in Montreal most of my life, never hated the Leafs. Same for my friends. I'm wondering if it's an Anglo thing.

It is more a if you live in Ontario thing. I have no love for the Leafs, but no particular hatred either. I never lived in Toronto. I have a visceral hatred for the west coast evil empire which many here cannot understand. It all depends on where you reside. If the local teams wins and your team does not, the mob mentality takes over and you get crapped on. If a team across the country wins, other than online guys like Zeke and one obnoxious Leaf fan I know (who I likely never have to see anymore as my son will be playing in a different organization next year), they are meaningless to me.

It is more a if you live in Ontario thing. I have no love for the Leafs, but no particular hatred either. I never lived in Toronto. I have a visceral hatred for the west coast evil empire which many here cannot understand. It all depends on where you reside. If the local teams wins and your team does not, the mob mentality takes over and you get crapped on. If a team across the country wins, other than online guys like Zeke and one obnoxious Leaf fan I know (who I likely never have to see anymore as my son will be playing in a different organization next year), they are meaningless to me.

I was responding to Altair who mentioned living in Montreal as a reason to hate the Leafs.

Fandom is a weird thing.

Count hates the nucks so much that he cheered for Boston to win the cup.

Everyone who doesnt live in montreal don't seem to hate the leafs.

From what I experienced growing up in montreal, people really hate toronto, dislike the bruins.

Growing up I wasn't a hockey fan, I became one before ever really following the habs. Team canada nagano was where I fell in love with hockey.

But before I ever fell in love with hockey I knew to hate toronto. I grew up hating toronto, and when I learned about hockey, that hate was transfered to the leafs.

So I don't care about Boston winning. I dont like them. But the tears of leaf fans right now is so damn delicious I really don't care.

This series is so fun to watch for me while reading hfboards leafs.

I hate the Leafs more than the Bruins.

I guess because Leaf fans and their “media” have this delusion of grandeur.

The hate for the Nords will never be matched.

I hope they return.

Habs are complacent with the entire province behind them

Back