• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rule Change Request

hairnova

News Breaker
Can't remember if this was ever discussed in this league, but is anyone against changing the time lineups are locked from set amount of time before 1st game of period to set amount of time before each player's first scheduled game of the period?

Obviously it's not changing for this week but it was brought about by something that happened to me today.

There were afternoon games scheduled for today...so rosters locked then the Cardinals announced they were activating Greg Holland and now I can't use him for an entire week.

Thoughts?

I am understanding it right, that instead of locking things for the week just prior to the earliest game of the week.....each player would individually get locked just prior to their own first game of the week?

If so, I'd be down with that...so long as we're positive there wouldn't be some sort of loophole with such a change that someone could exploit. (I can't see what that would be, anyway)

Yeah players would just lock individually based on their team's first game instead of the whole lineup being locked at the first game of the week.

It would leave a little more flexibility on Monday/Tuesday.

Yeah, I think this makes sense. A few times you get a case of a team not DL-ing a guy until later on Monday or Tuesday (Like Rizzo and Bogaerts today) when they don't play until then. So yeah if we want to make it retroactive to this week, that works for me [emoji14]

If you check out your roster today, you'll notice the change is in place. Those who didn't play yesterday are still able to be moved.

What a fine rule change if I do say so myself hahaha.

Now if only my team could stop sucking...

It really does make all the sense in the world. It was always stupid that a player who hadn't played yet would be locked in.

It really does make all the sense in the world. It was always stupid that a player who hadn't played yet would be locked in.

Yep, like had the Boston game yesterday not been postponed, the week would have been locked in at 11AM yesterday because of that one game.

I do wish there was a way to move guys around to another position even if they were already locked in (ie. if Jose Ramirez got hurt today, would be nice to let me shift Flaherty over to his spot and put someone else at 2B if I had that sub), but that's a minor point. But certainly nice to have the option if the Cubs suddenly announce that Rizzo won't be activated today that I can move someone else into that spot even with a day down on the schedule.

Yeah, this is a lot better but it's not ideal.

I really would love to be able to move anyone with a red flag during the week. It sucks to be stuck with an injured player in all week. That has nothing to do with how good your team is.

In theory it should kinda balance out through a full season, but it really doesn't.

Back