• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bruins Series Thread (no not a gameday thread), featuring too many stats

A team with the Leafs resources should have an algorithm scraping all available camera angles concurrently, that automatically generates a ****ing percentage chance that the play will be overturned.

LOL. This 100%

"We didn't get the replay in time" is not a valid excuse for this franchise.

Well, Philly came back on the road and won game #2 against the Pens 4-1 tonight, after getting blitzed 7-0 in the opener.

A little encouragement for Leaf fans in that, perhaps.

Yup. As good as the Bruins played last night we made them look even better.

They won't roll over and die that easy

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I don't see it happening. Losing Kadri is a real big problem. Have you seen the way these other forward lines defend?

Some of the Bruins overrated big men like Backes and RickNash were really throwing their weight around yesterday and having more impact than we'd care to admit. Like someone else said, our skill guys are going to have to put on their big boy pants for us to have a chance of winning the series.

lemme see if I can add up how each guy has done against the bergy line so far:

Rielly: Bergeron 8:02, 16.0cf% / Marchand 8:43, 22.2cf% / Pastrnak 9:16, 22.2cf%
Hainsey: Bergeron 8:20, 42.9cf% / Marchand 8:32, 38.1cf% / Pastrnak 8:51, 50.0cf%

Gardiner: Bergeron 9:35, 32.0cf% / Marchand 9:52, 33.3cf% / Pastrnak 10:34, 41.4cf%
Zaitsev: Bergeron 8:01, 37.5cf% / Marchand 9:02, 37.5cf% / Pastrnak 8:49, 50.0cf%

Dermott: Bergeron 3:51, 20.0cf% / Marchand 3:34, 33.3cf% / Pastrnak 4:32, 37.5cf%
Polak: Bergeron 2:29, 0.0cf% / Marchand 2:05, 0.0cf% / Pastrnak 2:22, 0.0cf%

People have been harping on Hainsey and Zaitsev, but I'm really not sure they've been the problem. Quite the opposite, actually.

tire-test2.jpg

Series 5v5 Score Adjusted

TOR

47.3cf%
47.9scf%
48.2hdcf%
48.4xgf%

Last edited:
can you do it by game? the only one where it feels like they really dominated us was game 1. games 2 and 3 felt pretty close (at least the first 40 mins of game 2). want to see how accurate my eye test is.

yeah the numbers say the bruins got very, very lucky in game 2.

my eye test agrees.

the bruins themsleves seem to realize they got lucky in game 2 as well, based on some of their comments to the media.

of course, none of this matters come game 4, but nice to know that the score didn't necessarily reflect the extent of the beat down

overall in this series, it's been the left side dmen who have dissappointed, not the right side guys.

Even Strength

Rielly: 17:02, A qoc, 33.0cf%, 34.7xgf%
Hainsey: 16:08, A+ qoc, 39.6cf%, 43.2xgf%

Rielly has been the one bringing the top pair down - Hainsey has better numbers in tougher usage.

Gardiner: 18:51, A- qoc, 52.0cf%, 52.6xgf%
Zaitsev: 17:21, B+ qoc, 52.0cf%, 62.9xgf%

Jake with slightly tougher competition, and similar cf%, but Zaitsev with the better xgf%.

Dermott: 14:29, B- qoc, 48.2cf%, 49.6xgf%
Polak: 15:10, B- qoc, 50.8cf%, 50.5xgf%

Identical usage, but Polak has been better.

Those numbers definitely match-up with my eye-test.

Gardiner & Rielly were largely a shit-show in the first game especially, and to a lesser degree, the second game.

I just noticed that Dermott has been the 4th PK dman this series, and not for totally insignificant minutes, either. Something my eye test missed.

probably because I cover my eyes during their PPs.

Back