• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Montreal Canadiens biggest rival

Which team/Fanbase do you consider to be the Habs biggest Rivals?

• Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Boston Bruins

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Quebec Nordiques

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Altair

It seems to vary from fan to fan, so I'm honestly curious as to which team/fanbase you all dislike the most

The Nordiques are no longer so that's a bit weird to include them. I don't think there ever was a rivalry in hockey like Montreal-Quebec. It was the stuff of legends.

Quebec was the greatest rival for their short period of existence. Boston has been a bigger rival for a longer time. I'd like to put my vote for both of them.

2 problems with the list. The Nordiques are no longer a rival of anyone.

Flyers don't belong on the list. The list should really only be Boston and Toronto... maybe Ottawa.

Dislike and biggest rival could be two different things. For example the Senators could be a rival because they compete for fans in Western Quebec, Eastern Ontario...etc...

Modern-day hockey wouldn't allow a rivalry like the one between Montréal & Québec anymore.

The answer is Bawstun, easily.

Yes Quebec and Montreal is history and nothing was probably more intense for people in the province of Quebec. Even had political inferences...like Separatists vs. Federalists.

Calgary and Edmonton has been pretty intense at times.

Colorado and Detroit was vicious for a handful of years.

People still seem to have a hate on for the Nordiques, I figured I would toss them on the list.

And someone mention the flyers.

Ottawa...meh.

For example Leafs and Sens are definitely the Habs biggest rivals in terms of finance (TV ratings, fan support) and geography.

Bruins have the most recent intense hockey rivalry. But the 60s rivalry between Habs and Leafs was huge, they were the best two teams in the 60s.

Leafs and Habs was a French- English , bragging rights for the best city in Canada type of thing for many years...less so now I guess.

Probably just easier to re word the poll and ask what team you hate the most.

Yeah. Some people hate other teams, but there is a clear and major history between the Habs and Bruins that makes them the default rival all the time.

The Leafs and Habs history out dates the majority of this board. At this point you're quite old if you vividly remember that rivalry.

For me I hate the Cannots something fierce but they aren't a rival, although out here they try to make out we are a rival.

Ottawa maybe but they have no fans in Quebec, we own their ass fan wise.

I would say Bruins.

Yeah. Some people hate other teams, but there is a clear and major history between the Habs and Bruins that makes them the default rival all the time.

The Leafs and Habs history out dates the majority of this board. At this point you're quite old if you vividly remember that rivalry.

Do you ever make a post without at least making a "subtle" insult to someone?

Back