• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ducharme named Asst Coach

It’s great, I’ve always wanted to see Robinson mentor and guide Subban...oh wait

No worries, it’ll be great to have Larry teach Sergachev and help him develop....oh yeah i forgot

****ing Habs !!!

It’s great, I’ve always wanted to see Robinson mentor and guide Subban...oh wait

No worries, it’ll be great to have Larry teach Sergachev and help him develop....oh yeah i forgot

****ing Habs !!!
Right??

Larry mentoring Subban would have been awesome

Would rather see him(Ducharme) as head coach, and with the big team. I think Dom is a guy that needs to run his own ship, not work under a bunch of dummies. So I'm not sure if he will have much impact as an assistant. Maybe a Clem Jodoin(another ex-Moosehead coach) kind of impact. Hopefully more.

Ducharme was marvellous as a junior coach here in Halifax.He was missed this year in the end.

Last edited:
Аrpon Basu
[emoji818]
@ArponBasu
“I’m going to try and find the best candidate possible. It doesn’t have to be French, it can be whatever. If it is French, great. If not, it’s going to be the best candidate.” - Claude Julien on his final assistant coach position to run the D. He said he has a shortlist.
7:26 PM - Apr 27, 2018

Ducharme was smart in all of this. He knew that he had the Canadiens by the balls and interviewed in other places to raise his leverage and price. Good for him.

The fourth assistant coach will most likely be purely Julien's guy. If not, we have an eunuch as a coach. No respectable coach worth his grain of salt in this league gets a job and doesn't bring at least one or two coach of his choosing to be with him.

I also think this means the Laval job is Joel Bouchard's. They signed two former Armada players this week, along with Alexandre Alain. He fits all the boxes for the AHL head coaching job. French (to my dismay), good with talent development, success in the lower levels.

No sarcasm. Dismay in the sense that the per-requisite to be the head coach in Laval is to speak French.

Marc de Foy is reporting The Charlatan met with Joel Bouchard a week or so ago.

Back