• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

So even though Mueller recommended no jail time, it sounds like flynn and/or his lawyers almost screwed up badly enough with this filing that they almost got him jailed anyways.

BigCrimeHat
@Popehat
I seriously hope that this train wreck wasn't a complete surprise to General Flynn -- that SOMEBODY warned him that it might go this way, and that the signs were that the judge was mad. A client getting blindsided because nobody told him the truth is unacceptable.

Renato Mariotti
@renato_mariotti
What I don't understand is *why* Flynn's team tried to falsely suggest wrongdoing where none existed. They had to know that deception was going nowhere with the judge. Perhaps Flynn wanted to set up his post-conviction speaking tour or political career.

John Harwood
@JohnJHarwood
“House GOP considered putting legislation on floor w/$5-B for border wall as Trump demanded. But leaders eventually told the president that there were not enough votes to pass it”

in other words, Pelosi wasn’t bluffing. she knew where the votes were.

John Harwood
@JohnJHarwood
“House GOP considered putting legislation on floor w/$5-B for border wall as Trump demanded. But leaders eventually told the president that there were not enough votes to pass it”

in other words, Pelosi wasn’t bluffing. she knew where the votes were.

the Nancy vs Trump theatre is going to be intriguing.

and can I get an honest accounting of wtf is happening with Flynn's sentencing?

did the judge basically suggest to Flynn that if he did not delay sentencing, he was going to jail?

did the judge basically suggest to Flynn that if he did not delay sentencing, he was going to jail?

I think zeke is right that Flynn’s lawyers almost pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory and that the judge telegraphed that.

Too funny.

For the record I don’t care if Flynn gets time, I just want equal application of the law.

Tony Podesta should not walk while Manafort pays the price. He did the same thing as Manafort but his brother is connected.

Time would actually be refreshing. I’m not the only one jaded about politicians. Send the country a message by holding people accountable. Trump wants to drain the swamp? That is how.

Time would actually be refreshing. I’m not the only one jaded about politicians. Send the country a message by holding people accountable. Trump wants to drain the swamp? That is how.

you can't actually think Trump gives any shits about 'draining the swamp'? he is filling it more than ever before.

but your point about there being repercussions and accountability is well taken.

I didn't forgive anyone anything...is SDNY not investigating Tony podesta right now?

There have been reports to that effect but he was directly involved with Manafort in some of the dealings, it’s not right that he’s not being run through the mud while others are. Optically it looks like a double standard.

you can't actually think Trump gives any shits about 'draining the swamp'? he is filling it more than ever before.

but your point about there being repercussions and accountability is well taken.

Of course not, that was tongue-in-cheek.

pretty much.

sounded like he was really pissed off at flynn's sentencing brief which tried to hint that he was entrapped.

Back