• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

another amazing weekend in trumpland.

so much insanity.

but maybe the most interesting development is this Boeing story. so many levels.

- Boeing knew about these issues long in advance of the 2nd crash, and maybe the first crash
- FAA knew about these issues long in advance, too
- Boeing was trying to sell the "upgrade", instead of ensuring that everyone had the actual fix
- trump's government shutdown delayed the fix.
- FAA approval may have been fastracked
- FAA has nobody leading it since Trump. He tried to nominate his personal pilot to head the FAA (of course), and since that went nowhere he hasn't bothered appointing anyone.
- Boeing donated millions to Trump Inaguration and campaign
- Boeing CEO has a personal relationship with Trump
- for some reason, Trump thought he should be the one deciding on whether the plane should be grounded or not, and not the FAA.
- US was the last country to ground the plane.

is this all from one article or is this a zeke aggregation?

I had read some of this buy not all. particularly the first couple bullets are new to me. I hope something comes of this though, if all the alleged facts are true this is pretty damning for Boeing.

is this all from one article or is this a zeke aggregation?

I had read some of this buy not all. particularly the first couple bullets are new to me. I hope something comes of this though, if all the alleged facts are true this is pretty damning for Boeing.

More disturbing is that in America, airplane companies self certify.

Boeing engineer hand the planes data off to a Boeing rep in the government who approves it.

More disturbing, Canada has a process where if something is certified in the USA, Canada usually respects it. So Boeing is self certified in both the USA and Canada

Eli Stokols @EliStokols
Bolsonaro in the Rose Garden: "Brazil and the United States stand side by side...against fake news."

may we yet be saved?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/03/hellfire-at-fox-as-sean-hannity-mulls-leaving

Inside Fox, staffers believe that C.E.O. Lachlan Murdoch is likely to nudge the network in a less pro-Trump direction. Is this the first step in a larger strategy to sell the newly spun-off company?

Donald Trump’s alliance with Fox News has been one of the few constants throughout his shambolic presidency. But in recent days, that bond has shown signs of fraying. On Sunday morning, Trump criticized Fox after it suspended Judge Jeanine Pirro for delivering an offensive monologue questioning Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s patriotism. Later in the day, Trump lashed out at Fox journalists, tweeting: “Were @FoxNews weekend anchors, @ArthelNeville and @LelandVittert, trained by CNN prior to their ratings collapse? In any event, that’s where they should be working, along with their lowest rated anchor, Shepard Smith!” He implored Fox to “Keep fighting for Tucker”—Media Matters had uncovered a series of offensive statements Tucker Carlson had made while calling in to Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show—“and fight hard for @JudgeJeanine.”

Trump’s attacks on Fox have widened the chasm between the network’s opinion hosts and the news division, which have been fighting a cold civil war since Roger Ailes was ousted in July 2016. Fox journalists, bristling at being branded an arm of the Trump White House, are lobbying Fox News C.E.O. Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace to rein in Fox & Friends, Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs and Pirro. “Reporters are telling management that we’re being defined by the worst people on our air,” a frustrated senior Fox staffer told me. Fox’s opinion hosts, meanwhile, have made the case that Fox’s prime-time lineup not only reflects the audience’s worldview, but is responsible for the majority of the network’s advertising revenue. “We make the money,” an anchor close to Hannity told me.

The outcome of that civil war will be decided by Fox Corporation chairman and C.E.O. Lachlan Murdoch. Rupert’s oldest son took over the smaller media company that emerged out of the Murdochs’ $71 billion deal to sell their entertainment assets to Disney. Though Lachlan hired West Wing stalwart Hope Hicks, staffers believe he is likely to nudge the network away from its close marriage to Trump. Sources close to Lachlan pointed out that Lachlan is a libertarian conservative, not a MAGA diehard, who in private has expressed annoyance at Trump. “He doesn’t like Trump,” one person who has spoken with Lachlan told me. “There’s a lot of talk of the direction of the network changing under Lachlan,” the senior Fox staffer told me.....

still a chance.

even fox people must take a step back now and then and see how crazy their fusion with the government is at the moment.

Trump all over Kellyanne Conway's husband on twitter.

Kellyanne responds:

Scott Wong @scottwongDC
Kellyanne Conway defends TRUMP after he attacks her husband:

"You think he shouldn’t respond when somebody, a non-medical professional accuses him of having a mental disorder? You think he should just take that sitting down?” politi.co/2HHNYJb

US Annual GDP Growth (Deficit/GDP % in brackets - negative numbers mean surplus)

1990: +1.9% (+3.7%)
1991: -0.1% (+4.3%)
1992: +3.5% (+4.4%)
1993: +2.8% (3.7%)- Clinton inauguration
1994: +4.0% (+2.8%)
1995: +2.7% (+2.1%)
1996: +3.8% (+1.3%)
1997: +4.4% (+0.3%)
1998: +4.5% (-0.8%)
1999: +4.8% (-1.3%)
2000: +4.1% (-2.3%)

2001: +1.0% (-1.2%) - Bush inauguration
2002: +1.7% (+1.4%)
2003: +2.9% (+3.3%)
2004: +3.8% (+3.4%)
2005: +3.5% (+2.4%)
2006: +2.9% (+1.8%)
2007: +1.9% (+1.1%)
2008: -0.1% (+3.1%)

2009: -2.5% (+9.8%) - Obama inauguration
2010: +2.6% (+8.6%)
2011: +1.6% (+8.3%)
2012: +2.2% (+6.7%)
2013: +1.8% (+4.0%)
2014: +2.5% (+2.7%)
2015: +2.9% (+2.4%)
2016: +1.6% (+3.1%)

2017: +2.2% (+3.4%) - Trump inauguration
2018: +2.9% (+4.0%)
2019: +2.1% (~+5.0%) - projected today by fed
2020: +1.9% (~+5.0%) - projected today by fed

The ****ing idiot has been feuding with a dead senator for days. This latest is the best.

"I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted" adding that as president he had to approve it.

"I didn't get a thank you," the President said.

Juan Guaido's chief of staff detained.

Juan Guaido might be running out of steam.

A good run I was certain he would be killed or arrested by the start of march.

Last edited:
in case you thought "normal conservatives" like Nikki Haley were actually informed, intellegent, honest brokers:

Bernie Sanders
@BernieSanders
In the United States it costs, on average, $12,000 to have a baby.

In Finland it costs $60.

We've got to end the disgrace of our profit-driven health care system and pass Medicare for all.

Nikki Haley @NikkiHaley
16h
Alright @BernieSanders, you’re not the woman having the baby so I wouldn’t be out there talking about skimping on a woman when it comes to childbirth. Trust me! Nice try though.

Nikki Haley
@NikkiHaley
Health care costs are too high that is true but comparing us to Finland is ridiculous. Ask them how their health care is. You won’t like their answer.

this buttgieg guy rules. he's literally the anti-trump.

D2GvaqjXcAI6B18.jpg:large

Back