• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Nah I'm not mixed up.

The Bull market / bubble we experienced didn't just coincidentally start the day Trump was elected.

And it certainly wasn't based on any actual significant change in the underlying economic indicators.

In general, presidents have very little impact on the performance of the economy itself, and their effect is more limited to the emotional/confidence side of the equation. Of course, there are some presidential decisions that can be so stupid that they can affect the economy signficantly - like starting trade wars with everyone.

better than real wars

Which is the beauty of the international financial order the US developed and has maintained, and which the current idiot in chief doesn’t t remotely understand.

what you don't think it's a random coincidence that the russkies and chinee are brazenly taking americans and canadians hostage all of a sudden?

Strong unemployment numbers are giving the market a nice boost. Keep in mind algorithms play a big part in this volatility.

It's easier to just blame Trump for absolutely everything though.

Which is the beauty of the international financial order the US developed and has maintained, and which the current idiot in chief doesn’t t remotely understand.

+1

Yep. This is like the pre WW1 era on steroids. Where an international structure of treaties and agreements had been built up by Bismarck but then put in the hands of an idiot (Wilhelm) who simply didn't understand the significance of what his predecessor had done and proceeded to tear it all down because he just didn't grasp that it already benefited Germany more than anyone else.

I talk to so many people madly in love with having everything Apple to keep it familiar and simple.

When Microsoft was doing that Janet Reno went crazy on them. Right about the same time, Bill Gates was helping out his old friend Steve Jobs by keeping Apple alive. Funny how times have changed.

Never any Apple garbage for me.

It all depends on values. Not commercial product value but moral value. The way I see it, Apple is selling me a product. On the other end for google, I am the product. It's a simple fact. If you keep wondering why google offer all of these "free" services like research, maps, emails (gmail) and others, it's simply so they can get your information, patterns, habits, preferences and resale them to who ever wants it It's Google's business model.

At least, everytime I ask something to Siri, as limited as it can be compared to google, at least I know what I said was only use to do the command I requested and not uploaded to Google server, categories, analysed, so they can know my tendencies, my political opinion, shopping habits, etc and then sold to the next Cambridge.

National emergency? The only emergency is Dotard’s approval rating among Christian Taliban nutbags if he doesn’t fund his wall. Those end times racist nutters only thing standing between him and impeachment.

Last edited:
And now double talking Susan “The Snake” Collins, concern troll extraordinaire, is willing to end the lockout with wall funding.

I guess, maybe.

At least, everytime I ask something to Siri, as limited as it can be compared to google, at least I know what I said was only use to do the command I requested and not uploaded to Google server, categories, analysed, so they can know my tendencies, my political opinion, shopping habits, etc and then sold to the next Cambridge.

Apple changed its App Store rules last week to limit how developers use information about iPhone owners’ friends and other contacts, quietly closing a loophole that let app makers store and share data without many people’s consent.

The zip file contained mostly Excel spreadsheets, packed with information that Apple stores about me. None of the files contained content information -- like text messages and photos -- but they do contain metadata, like when and who I messaged or called on FaceTime.

Apple says that any data information it collects on you is yours to have if you want it, but as of yet, it doesn't turn over your content which is largely stored on your slew of Apple devices.

As for Apple, our iPhones gather up a lot of information, too. The GPS describes where we are, when we ask Siri for directions or a recipe, that request goes to Apple. Apple says it doesn't share that info with outside companies. It does, however, allow advertisers to target users based on their history in the App Store and News app.

I could go on, but if you think your Steve Jobs Data Mining device is any safer than anybody else's, you need to read up on the truth.

Oh, and by the way, your iPhone can still help Google and Facebook with their data mining activities.

It all depends on values. Not commercial product value but moral value. The way I see it, Apple is selling me a product. On the other end for google, I am the product. It's a simple fact. If you keep wondering why google offer all of these "free" services like research, maps, emails (gmail) and others, it's simply so they can get your information, patterns, habits, preferences and resale them to who ever wants it It's Google's business model.

are you being serious?

I am an iphone/macbook/ipod kinda guy, but I'm not naive enough to think apple isn't selling the shit out of all my data. pretty sure siri listens to what we are saying all the time too.

if protection of your privacy and data is what motivates you, I'm not sure any smartphone is for you.

and I am a bit of a privacy zealot amongst my generation, but I accept that the trade off for using these technologies is my data is sold.

I could go on, but if you think your Steve Jobs Data Mining device is any safer than anybody else's, you need to read up on the truth.

Oh, and by the way, your iPhone can still help Google and Facebook with their data mining activities.

Thanks for proving my point. Apple core business model is not to resale information unlike Google. What you quote is apple fixing a loophole and another mentioning apple Also you information remains within the apple ecosystem. Again, apple doesn’t share with 3rd party. To help Siri, yes it will gather your gps location but again, not sharing this information with 3rd parties.

As someone said below, if you use a smart phone, you have to accept them gathering some information needed core feature going. Google and the like of Facebook core business is selling your information to the highest bidder.

Again, Apple is not perfect, but if you care about privacy, it’s about the only option you have beside not using smartphones.

Back