• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

In it's current form with it's current mandate and methods, absolutely.

What isn’t reported on is the amount of human sex trafficking ice stops to go along with drugs etc. it’s popular these days to only report the negative, ICE does a lot of good too.

What isn’t reported on is the amount of human sex trafficking ice stops to go along with drugs etc. it’s popular these days to only report the negative, ICE does a lot of good too.

So if your uncle molested you for years, but paid for your university, all is good?

ICE exists outside of federal procurement laws and has contracted out a chain of private concentration camps where they shit all over everything America claims to be about. But because they actually do the job they're supposed to do once in a while, just ignore all of that?

Restructuring is not abolishing.

Issues shouldn’t be ignored but throwing the baby out with the bath water isn’t the answer.

Does ICE even do their "good" job though? The amount of Fentanyl coming from Mexico and killing Americans is an actual national emergency. Maybe they should focus on stopping that instead.

Restructuring is not abolishing.

Issues shouldn’t be ignored but throwing the baby out with the bath water isn’t the answer.

Problem with restructuring is that it usually starts and stops with naming a new boss and changing the name of the organization.

The Washington Post
@washingtonpost
White House blocked intelligence agency’s written testimony saying human-caused climate change could be ‘possibly catastrophic’ wapo.st/2QViORc

Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT
“Potus took a piece of paper out of his breast pocket and said it’s his deal with Mexico. He declined to show it to us, but said it will go into effect when Mexico tells him it’s okay to release it.” - via pool

man i still can't believe it but the poll numbers are just overwhelming in the biden > trump matchup. and apparently trump's internal polling numbers were so bad he forced his staff to directly lie about it.

some very, very interesting parts of the polling:

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
1m
Biden breaks even (46%-47%) among white voters overall. leads Trump by 17 points among 65+

+17 amongst the old folk is yuge.

I think I like Warren and Buttigieg right now but Biden seems like the best chance to win. Any sane adult seems like an adult compared to Trump.

Yeah, that's a tricky one.

How pissed is the progressive wing of the party going to be if, after what happened last time, the party once again goes for the most "electable", middle-of-the-road candidate?

Would the appetite to get rid of Trump be strong enough to motivate them to go out and vote for Biden?

In which the president of the united states promises his good friend the murderous dictator that he will protect him from the evil CIA:

Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
Fascinating backstory. Trump gets asked abt report that Kim Jong Un's brother was a CIA source. Kim Jong Nam was assassinated in 2017 by North Korea. Trump responds by pledging to Kim that he won't let the CIA do that "under my auspices." cc @benjaminwittes @MaxBoot @ColinKahl

How pissed is the progressive wing of the party going to be if, after what happened last time, the party once again goes for the most "electable", middle-of-the-road candidate?

Would the appetite to get rid of Trump be strong enough to motivate them to go out and vote for Biden?

at this point i think the progressives are a little more in the "just win baby" camp.

but I do think adding someone like Warren to his ticket would be a good draw for them, too.

I’m sure they won’t be pleased but I would hope after 3 years of the most corrupt, swampy, unorganized, untruthful and embarrassing administration ever, people will cut out the whole “well both candidates are bad” shit.

LOLGOP @LOLGOP
35s
My favorite conservative move is when they just admit they're lying to the rubes.

David Wright @DavidWright_CNN
Sen. Lindsey Graham at Senate Judiciary Cmte hearing on border security: "What’s odd about this disaster is that people are not trying to avoid being caught. They are looking for the first border patrol agent they can find to turn themselves in. A wall will not fix this problem."

Back