• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

uzpqm4q0sqz21.jpg

Oh lawd I hope SCOTUS does the right thing and upholds Roe so this crazy bullshit can go away for good.

Survey says... Good luck with that

Sam Harris had a great podcast interviewing one of the few people that actually read the Mueller report.

It would be such a shame if the House doesn't impeach because of a fear of how actually doing their jobs would impact 2020.

I still disagree.

Trump obviously should be impeached - but that was obvious even before he was elected. He was already on the take and covering things up before he got elected. Its stupid to think they even need the mueller report to impeach him.

But impeachment CANNOT BE A PARTISAN AFFAIR. It is not the Dem's job to impeach - it is the republican's job to impeach their president.

The dems' job is to make the case for impeachment clear to everyone, especially to the GOP - but the GOP has to be fully on board with the impeachment, if not leading it. And it is up to the people to hold the GOP accountable for their actions or inactions in the next election.

Impeaching Trump does nothing good for the country. In fact, it only helps the real villains - the GOP hierarchy themselves, and their Media wing, who have been blatantly undermining democracy for a generation or two now.

The Dem's impeaching trump doesn't save the country from anything, and only hurts their chances in the next election.

And the media is complicit in us thinking that impeachment should be partisan - they only ever ask democrats about impeachment, as it its up to them, and just assuming that the GOP would never do it because he's their president. Dems should never be asked about impeaching a GOP president - only republicans should be asked why they aren't impeaching him.

Kelly O'Donnell @KellyO
1m
BREAKING @SpeakerPelosi says she hoped to give the president an opportunity for an achievement on infrastructure “for some reason...he could not match the greatness of the challenge...he just took a pass”

Mike Memoli @mikememoli
1m
. @SpeakerPelosi ends her post-WH meeting remarks: "In any event, I pray for the president of the United States, and I pray for the United States of America."

giphy.gif

Erik Wasson @elwasson
59s
Democrats say Trump staged White House walkout because he doesn’t want to say how he would pay for $2T infrastructure plan

and they're right.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1
58s
Schumer on Trump saying he won't work with Dems with investigations going on: "Hello, there were investigations going on three weeks ago when we met. And he still met with us. But now that he was forced to say how he would actually pay for [infrastructure], he had to run away."

that's better, Dems.

I still disagree.

Trump obviously should be impeached - but that was obvious even before he was elected. He was already on the take and covering things up before he got elected. Its stupid to think they even need the mueller report to impeach him.

But impeachment CANNOT BE A PARTISAN AFFAIR. It is not the Dem's job to impeach - it is the republican's job to impeach their president.

The dems' job is to make the case for impeachment clear to everyone, especially to the GOP - but the GOP has to be fully on board with the impeachment, if not leading it. And it is up to the people to hold the GOP accountable for their actions or inactions in the next election.

Impeaching Trump does nothing good for the country. In fact, it only helps the real villains - the GOP hierarchy themselves, and their Media wing, who have been blatantly undermining democracy for a generation or two now.

The Dem's impeaching trump doesn't save the country from anything, and only hurts their chances in the next election.

And the media is complicit in us thinking that impeachment should be partisan - they only ever ask democrats about impeachment, as it its up to them, and just assuming that the GOP would never do it because he's their president. Dems should never be asked about impeaching a GOP president - only republicans should be asked why they aren't impeaching him.

That is making it partisan though. I get the argument why, but it doesn't make it any less wrong or partisan.

The AG launched a special counsel investigation, which resulting in a report clearly setting out the elements of obstruction of justice committed by the President leaving it to congress (or future AGs as a result of the DOJ legal opinion that a sitting president cant be indicted, which bound Muelller) to address.

It shouldn't be about what is the best play for each party. That is just a failure of the system.

That is making it partisan though. I get the argument why, but it doesn't make it any less wrong or partisan.

The AG launched a special counsel investigation, which resulting in a report clearly setting out the elements of obstruction of justice committed by the President leaving it to congress (or future AGs as a result of the DOJ legal opinion that a sitting president cant be indicted, which bound Muelller) to address.

It shouldn't be about what is the best play for each party. That is just a failure of the system.

you cannot have partisan impeachments.

the GOP tried that once and its led to all of this crap.

its disastrous.

I agree. It shouldn't be partisan. It has nothing to do with the parties. Thats my point. Making about the GOP/Dems 2020 chances is missing the point by a mile.

They both have strategic reasons not to. But they also have a duty to uphold the constitution that is kinda more important.

This is a failure of the system.

there is no benefit to the dems doing a partisan impeachment. not for the well being of the country the next two years, not for the well being of the country longterm.

Mitch and friends would love nothing more than to be rid of trump and be able to use the impeachment as a political hammer for the decades to come.

And they are the real problem in the system, not Trump.

Yeah, thats all partisan.

The special counsel found the president committed a criminal offense, and laid out the case for the only people that can do anything about it with a sitting president. But nothing is going to be done about it because of how it will affect the score between the Dems/GOP.

That is not how a functional government operates.

The entire GOP is complicit. Letting them get away with blaming it on Trump would make everything worse.

The idea that Trump is the problem is a joke.

It's not Trump that has rigged the electoral system.

It's not Trump that has stacked the courts.

It's not even Trump making any of these policies.

He isn't the problem. And whatever crimes he has committed the rest of the GOP has gladly committed along with him, and are still committing.

And there is nothing partisan about simply saying "we believe he should be impeached, here is the evidence, but we refuse to proceed with impeachment without the GOP joining us, because impeachment cannot be used, or even have a hint of being used as, a partisan weapon, for the good of the country.". That is the opposite of partisan.

LMAO, Scumenatti facing yet ANOTHER charge:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/politics/michael-avenatti-stormy-daniels-indictment/index.html

Where the **** is u At now @MindzEye u Liddle bitch, keep Defending a Serial Criminal, Just because he said some Mean thing`s about Trump. I`m sure all of his 40 inditement`s or w/e are Jus`t fake New`s. :lol :lol ​:lol

Some "Rational Thinker."
:lol :lol :lol

If he did something wrong, try him and punish him. That's how this shit is supposed to work. The initial shots at him went nowhere in a hurry and looked a lot like trying to bury a guy who became inconvenient to powerful people. This doesn't look quite like that.

Cute fonts btw Gordo.

No that is literally partisan. "I think this is the right thing to do but won't do it because of partisan politics."

You either believe in the rule of law or you don't. And yes it is a problem that they don't. Its all just a game of thrones.

No.

You cannot turn refusing to be partisan into partisan.

There are multiple "right things to do". And punishing one individual is not the "right thing" they should be caring about, and not the "right thing" that Impeachment is even meant to address.

Back