• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

True, though I have on occasion veer off course and voted Liberal. Yikes! Once I even threw my support to my local NDP candidate. Basically I’m am a fiscally right leaning mushy middle. A bit to the left socially (a la old guard Liberal style)

Yep she is. But you're a complete Liberal fan boy. Bigger cheerleader than any sports super fan.

I wasn't disrespecting Anne at all. She's been a big part of this community for 20 years. She's earned her stripes.

Also FYI -- I voted NDP in the provincial election. But go on.... seems like you want to create a narrative.

Last edited:
Yeah Capt. knows I don’t deny favoriting the PCs most of the time. Somebody has to especially since right now we have two NDP parties. It’s just one of the parties spells it L-i-b-e r-a-l.

Yeah Capt. knows I don’t deny favoriting the PCs most of the time. Somebody has to especially since right now we have two NDP parties. It’s just one of the parties spells it L-i-b-e r-a-l.

In a lot of ways yes, but the NDP would never have purchased the pipeline like the current Liberals did.

Notley is cooked.

This is going to be a really fast call. Trudeau did her no favors, that's for sure.

We knew it was all coming the moment the NDP did not rig the oil prices somehow.

The elation I'm seeing on alberta facebook today suggests that a pile of people seriously think that oil prices are going back over 100 because Notley was single handedly keeping it down, and Kenney is going to get a pipeline built by force of will.

The one intelligent thing I've seen stated about this was that Notley stood for the core concept that if Albertans showed social conscience (carbon tax, shut down the coal plants, etc) that the rest of Canada would get out of the way on the pipeline issue and that clearly didn't happen. Albertans (and this shouldn't shock anyone whose ever spent any sort of time there) were happier with the idea that they can fight the rest of Canada for what they want. They want to believe in Kenney's rhetoric that if BC doesn't get in line, they'll "turn off the taps" and similar bullshit.

I wonder how Kenney will keep the population this angry all term. He kind of needs the anger to feed off of, seems its become his shtick.

****ing Alberta

Back