• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

Now I'm being told that its ok to go after John Mac. Its not a matter of opinions changing, its make up your damn mind. Either mindz was wrong then or he's wrong now.

Why is it a binary choice? Life is rarely black and white, it’s gray.

Short version.

Mindzeye a year ago-historical people need to looked at in a nuanced view, if the good outweights the bad, and they have legitimate significant accomplishments outside of the bad things they may have done by our standards then we should continue to celebrate those people and their accomplishments.

Mindzeye today. -**** it. If someone is offended by them, no matter what good they have done, and what they may have acheived then get rid of it. I don't care.

My take on it.

dafaq?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/saudi-arabia-canada-oil-supplies-jailed-activists-1.4778749

So in short, they hate Canada and want nothing to do with us,but they wont touch their sacred cow, the sale of oil.

The only real, tangible way to hurt Canada just a little bit and they wont go there. Yeah, they are irrelevant. MbS can die of old age before any Canada PM gives him an apology.

i was waiting for the price at the pumps to go up (cause why not)....but they actually went down a bit

i was waiting for the price at the pumps to go up (cause why not)....but they actually went down a bit

Show how irrelevant this actually is when the global oil market, notorious worry warts, collectively yawns about the Saudi Arabia Canada fight.

Being part native, I have to say ..... shut the idiots up.
I was doing a sweat last winter and I asked a couple of elders and the medicine person(? Is that politically correct lol) why is it that so much is made of the residential schools and no interest is shown in the farm kids of canada. Used for free labour and beaten and tortured in many instances.
I also asked about the inter wars between different tribes were rarely mentioned, and we were made to sound like this peaceful shangrala was being promoted.
He told me that it was our turn to be heard. He spoke of a past that we had control over our destiny. No one ever has control over their destiny because life loves to throw that wrench into the cog.
Now we have a restructuring of sentencing of indigenous peoples when caught breaking the law. Because we have suffered so much.
My father worked his ass off and became something. He rralized the game and worked to be successful. He was viewed as a bit of a traitor .....
My question is this concerning mcdonald. Does that mean all the great legends and warriors we celebrate, come off of the board too? Murdering and raping any persons is wrong and should never be portrayed in history as a postive response. The schools were wrong and the methods used to subdue our culture was wrong, but unfortunately, it was going to happen in one way or another.
We must remember, that The ball bounces both ways. You must makesure your own yard is clean before complaining about your neighbor's.
By the way, some wisdom, before you go for a sweat, make sure that the keeper doesnt run a lodge that is to hot lol.

Last edited:
I was doing a sweat last winter and I asked a couple of elders and the medicine person(? Is that politically correct lol) why is it that so much is made of the residential schools and no interest is shown in the farm kids of canada. Used for free labour and beaten and tortured in many instances.
I also asked about the inter wars between different tribes were rarely mentioned, and we were made to sound like this peaceful shangrala was being promoted.
He told me that it was our turn to be heard. He spoke of a past that we had control over our destiny. No one ever has control over their destiny because life loves to throw that wrench into the cog.
Now we have a restructuring of sentencing of indigenous peoples when caught breaking the law. Because we have suffered so much.
My father worked his ass off and became something. He rralized the game and worked to be successful. He was viewed as a bit of a traitor .....
My question is this concerning mcdonald. Does that mean all the great legends and warriors we celebrate, come off of the board too? Murdering and raping any persons is wrong and should never be portrayed in history as a postive response. The schools were wrong and the methods used to subdue our culture was wrong, but unfortunately, it was going to happen in one way or another.
We must remember, that The ball bounces both ways. You must makesure your own yard is clean before complaining about your neighbor's.
By the way, some wisdom, before you go for a sweat, make sure that the keeper doesnt run a lodge that is to hot lol.

I'm totally ok with ripping down any reference to Tecumseh for all the rapes, massacres of civilians, killing of prisoners, destruction of property, ect.

You know, for reconciliation.

I'm totally ok with ripping down any reference to Tecumseh for all the rapes, massacres of civilians, killing of prisoners, destruction of property, ect.

You know, for reconciliation.

I have to admit, that's one thing I have difficulty wrapping my head around when it comes to all this "reconciliation" stuff, and the demonization of some European colonial figures.

Native Americans weren't one big group of homogeneous, peace-loving hippies that lived perfectly in harmony with nature and each other.

They were a highly splintered bunch of tribal hunter-gatherer warriors that spent millennia warring and killing the shit out of each other as much as humans in any other part of the world. To the point where when the Europeans showed up, different First Nations teamed up with different groups of Europeans for the express purpose of being better able to kill the shit out of other First Nation groups that were their traditional enemies.

Natives also certainly weren't above committing what, to our modern sensibilities, would be considered atrocities and war crimes.

i do find that educating ppl about the residential school system is a much more effective way to make society better than worry about statues

I have to admit, that's one thing I have difficulty wrapping my head around when it comes to all this "reconciliation" stuff, and the demonization of some European colonial figures.

Native Americans weren't one big group of homogeneous, peace-loving hippies that lived perfectly in harmony with nature and each other.

They were a highly splintered bunch of tribal hunter-gatherer warriors that spent millennia warring and killing the shit out of each other as much as humans in any other part of the world. To the point where when the Europeans showed up, different First Nations teamed up with different groups of Europeans for the express purpose of being better able to kill the shit out of other First Nation groups that were their traditional enemies.

Natives also certainly weren't above committing what, to our modern sensibilities, would be considered atrocities and war crimes.

the only relevance i can think of is the way indigenous treat each other now

the only relevance i can think of is the way indigenous treat each other now

how though, we are being told to feel guilty with how natives were treated 100-400 years ago by whites (we aren't just supposed to feel guilty over residential schools)

how though, we are being told to feel guilty with how natives were treated 100-400 years ago by whites (we aren't just supposed to feel guilty over residential schools)

he was referring to wars between tribes

i was not the government or the catholics so i feel no guilt over residential schools but it does not mean we should not understand it

Back