• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

I dont think anyone is, it was bound to happen.

Its just that certain people on this board seem to want to advertise it beacause all they really do here is be negative.

These people don’t like the GM and they want to make sure everyone knows that his moves are really not as good as people think.

MB has made his fair share of bad moves but like it or not the Domi trade is looking very good for the Habs.

You can poll all other GMs in this league and I can guarantee you the large majority would take Domi over Galchenyuk.

Update time:

Alex Galchenyuk : 3G, 8A, 11 points in 21G (now playing LW)

Max Domi: 14G / 17A / 31 points in 30G

Certain people?

Whoops! Now demoted to 2nd line LW.

Classic....
One person?
Similar to people thinking the Useless Tit was more than what he was...a Useless NHLer.

The shift to up tempo speed game hasn’t helped Galchenyuk any. The KHL awaits..

Annoyed? You have a very active imagination.

Every time I mention Galchenyuk is doing well in Arizona you feel the need to say that Domi is the better player.

Which I don't dispute. My point is more towards those who seemed to think chucky was crap.

Every time I mention Galchenyuk is doing well in Arizona you feel the need to say that Domi is the better player.

Which I don't dispute. My point is more towards those who seemed to think chucky was crap.

He is crap

He is crap
His recent production says otherwise.

His PPG is better than the following habs

Gallagher

Kotkaniemi

Danault

lehkonen

Weber

Perry

Byron

Armia.

Going off pure point production, if chucky is crap a lot of the Canadiens are crap as well.

Last edited:
Chucky is a good player, he’s just too enigmatic for the current administration. I wish him well, no reason to slam him.

There’s also no reason for nostaligia with this player.

He’s not Subban who was a true star and made his mark in Montreal.

He really did very little as a Hab except have a 30 goal year in a lost season.

Wish him well and glad we got Domi

There’s also no reason for nostaligia with this player.

He’s not Subban who was a true star and made his mark in Montreal.

He really did very little as a Hab except have a 30 goal year in a lost season.

Wish him well and glad we got Domi

No, OK glad we got domi, not displeased at his season, even with the slump. But ibthink the analysis of both guys being about the same pointwise might be true. Domi does bring more away from the puck though, while galchenyuk helps on the powerplay

No, OK glad we got domi, not displeased at his season, even with the slump. But ibthink the analysis of both guys being about the same pointwise might be true. Domi does bring more away from the puck though, while galchenyuk helps on the powerplay

What I like most is we acquired a 23 year old offensive minded center.

For a team that was starving for talented centers its nice to see that we have him and JK who are both young

we could really use chuck on the PP
Absolutely but at what price? I can’t recall a Habs team in at least 20-years that was league average (let alone above it) 5-on-5.

Galchenyuk’s strength is the Habs weakness is how it’s starting to look to me - this team scores on fast transition but once the pace is slowed down (as it is on the PP) they become ineffective. Galchenyuk on the other hand excels at unstructured pond hockey situations - open ice (3-on-3) & situational slow down in play.

I’ll take 5-on-5 since penalties reduce considerably in the playoffs. Having said that I’m curious how effective 5-on-5 play will be in the second half - I expect a drop off since offense decreases in general with teams tightening up, but how much of a drop off will it be.

Last edited:
He wouldn't fix anything....the problem with the PP is that we don't have a QB to manage zone entries and handle the puck at the point.
Habs PP at the end of last year was pretty good, they didn’t have a QB and still ended up 20% approx IIRC? It was driven by Galchenyuk’s shot - this years team lacks a QB and that high end sniper shot for the PP.

Absolutely but at what price? I can’t recall a Habs team in at least 20-years that was league average (let alone above it) 5-on-5.

Galchenyuk’s strength is the Habs weakness is how it’s starting to look to me - this team scores on fast transition but once the pace is slowed down (as it is on the PP) they become ineffective. Galchenyuk on the other hand excels at unstructured pond hockey situations - open ice (3-on-3) & situational slow down in play.

I’ll take 5-on-5 since penalties reduce considerably in the playoffs. Having said that I’m curious how effective 5-on-5 play will be in the second half - I expect a drop off since offense decreases in general with teams tightening up, but how much of a drop off will it be.

For this team to take the next step (in the next year or two) they are going to have to find a way to score many different ways. Off the rush, off the cycle, on the PP, etc.

Habs PP at the end of last year was pretty good, they didn’t have a QB and still ended up 20% approx IIRC? It was driven by Galchenyuk’s shot - this years team lacks a QB and that high end sniper shot for the PP.

PP at the end of last year was driven by Drouin playing the half wall and he finished strong.

Drouin is being used at the point this year which is not working

How long will Kirk Muller survive...he’s at his third coach in 10 years (Carbo-Therrien-Julien)....leaving to coach Canes in between

At some point, if he can’t help the PP, we need to maybe just let Ducharme coach it alone

How long will Kirk Muller survive...he’s at his third coach in 10 years (Carbo-Therrien-Julien)....leaving to coach Canes in between

At some point, if he can’t help the PP, we need to maybe just let Ducharme coach it alone

don't you remember all those bemoaning his leaving for Carolina?

Back