• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Mindzeye actually posted some stats that made an argument for Domi being better than we expected.
Yup & almost perfectly nailed it with the last paragraph.
So you've probably gotten a bit better 5 on 5 (assuming AG is just a winger), and a lot worse on the PP
I say almost only because Habs are way better 5-on-5 than a bit better, but that’s due to multiple additions - Tatar, KK, Armia

I am not saying anyone was right or wrong. I just think it was fun. Nobody had a clue Domi would turn out this good. It was and still is a good post.

The one thing that made me like the trade was his interview the same day where he stated that he wanted to play in a hockey market and was excited about the opportunity of doing so. Some player thrives in markets like Montreal and Toronto and other falters. Identifying the players that thrives in those markets is very important.

What I didn’t mind about the trade is that we didn’t acquire some washed up vet who was finished in a few years .

I wanted either youth for youth at any position .... ie a player who still had some upside .

Or a version of the Max deal.....a top 6-9 vet for today and a very good prospect for tomorrow with a pick .

I have seen Domi play plenty of times in junior where he dominated . I was convinced he still had another level to get to in the NHL.

What I didn’t mind about the trade is that we didn’t acquire some washed up vet who was finished in a few years .

I wanted either youth for youth at any position .... ie a player who still had some upside .

Or a version of the Max deal.....a top 6-9 vet for today and a very good prospect for tomorrow with a pick .

I have seen Domi play plenty of times in junior where he dominated . I was convinced he still had another level to get to in the NHL.

Someone has really changed their tone since the beginning of the post. All is good man

I say almost only because Habs are way better 5-on-5 than a bit better, but that’s due to multiple additions - Tatar, KK, Armia

Yes he did make some good points after he paid his condolences lol

Yeah, I think he had the same knee jerk reaction as many of us... then looked into the analytics and saw that it wasn't so bad.

That post is what calmed me down a bit.

i think the coaching style changing was also important - playing a style suited to the team
plus give MB even more credit then just changing some players - booting alzner from the team helped

I am not saying anyone was right or wrong. I just think it was fun. Nobody had a clue Domi would turn out this good. It was and still is a good post.

Advanced stats favoured Domi at the time of the trade but that goal total he put up last year was all people were talking about.

Fact is that several players who knew Domi well said that he would strive to success in a market like Montreal and they are right.

Galchenyuk is a one dimensional player that will get his fair share of goals but does not compete like Domi, cannot play center like Domi and does not make his linemates better like Domi.

This trade can already be considered a win even if Galcheyuk puts up a 25-30 goal season down the road, the other facets he cannot bring that Domi can gives the Habs the edge

Gilmour was a top 10 player in the game over a period of time. They maybe similar in style but Dougie was a superstar at one time .

Some people need to check their Ego at the door. I have no problem to say I was very sceptical and mad about the trade. Bergevin so far has proven us wrong. It's only a quarter of a season but it's hard not to like Domi VS Galchenyuk at this moment.

Godo for him, he obviously knew better than us on this one.

Some people need to check their Ego at the door. I have no problem to say I was very sceptical and mad about the trade. Bergevin so far has proven us wrong. It's only a quarter of a season but it's hard not to like Domi VS Galchenyuk at this moment.

Continue making smart moves that's all you can ask for in a regime

Bergevin has made some decent moves, he’s also made some dumb moves like not resigning Markov and decimating the left side of the D.

So far I give him a B- on the retool.

Back