• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Bergevin has made some decent moves, he’s also made some dumb moves like not resigning Markov and decimating the left side of the D.

So far I give him a B- on the retool.

Dumb move was not trading Markov or Pleks at the right time , not resigning these guys .

Meh. They still got a second for Pleks.

Markov should have been resigned for 2 years. It is possible that they wouldn’t have been able to draft KK if they did though.

Markov should have been resigned for 2 years. It is possible that they wouldn’t have been able to draft KK if they did though.

Exactly .... no point moving down a few slots and still miss the playoffs

We lost 2 first rounders and other assets by not dealing when the time was right .

Neither helped us go anywhere and I like both of them . We were never a player or 2 away from anything

Exactly .... no point moving down a few slots and still miss the playoffs

We lost 2 first rounders and other assets by not dealing when the time was right .

Neither helped us go anywhere and I like both of them . We were never a player or 2 away from anything

So we can draft McCarron and Leblanc?

meh

My only response is that the fact we got the Mole which is good does not mean not re signing 79 was the right move. Hl he wanted 79 so not like Biceps decided it was best long term not to do so.

Galchenyuk was dropped to the 3rd line LW with Richardson & Archibald for the game last night vs Canes with 13min TOI

Fancy stats say Arizona won the trade.

That article is laughable considering that everyone who said the trade was in Arizonas favour when it happened where neglecting the same advanced stats that favoured Domi.

Canadiens already clear-cut winners of Max Domi-Alex Galchenyuk trade
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl...r-cut-winners-max-domi-alex-galchenyuk-trade/

It would seem Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet is now on the same page, too, considering what he said about Galchenyuk on Dec. 1, when he moved him away from centre after a stint that saw him produce zero goals and only three assists in 13 games.

“I think moving to the wing will get his feet moving,” Tocchet said. “I don’t think he’s been getting his feet moving because he’s been watching, wondering, ‘Where am I supposed to go?’ When you think where to go, what’s the first thing you do? You slow down, you don’t anticipate, you don’t react.

“Brad Richardson knows my system and most nights Richie knows where to go and he looks fast because he reacts fast. Derek Stepan knows my system and knows where to go. As an offensive player, Alex wants to go from A to Z sometimes instead of going through the progression.”

The trade has been a clear win for the Habs so far.

Galchenyuk is coming off his best game as a Coyote (2 goals and a shootout goal). Let's see if he can build off of it. When he is on, he is spectacular.

Too enigmatic

He is perfect in Zona for us to steal this trade . Team stinks and GM doesnt know if he is rebuilding or adding from one year to the next .

No one gives a shit about hockey and he will probably be gone after next summer .

He needed to go to a team with more upfront skill .

Domi needed a change of scenery to a hockey market

Back