• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Many of us were concerned about his lack of production and specifically goals... and that he was a winger in ARI, but I don't think anyone hated him.

Kinda like the Weber trade... loved landing him... hated the cost. Domi has proven to be well worth the cost so far.

The trade was made on a summer Friday night and I admit I flew into a drunken rage when I found out about it on my smartphone. Looking like a great trade, reminds of some of those Serge Savard steals (in both ways) from back in the day

I was in the middle of a ball game when I found out about the trade... and I'll admit, I wasn't happy... but the more I read about it, the better I felt.

A lot of the metrics pointed to us getting the better player.

And one thing we couldn't really judge back then – looks like Max Domi was born to be a Hab.

Many people believe(d) that Chucky is a 30 goal scorer . . . because he did it once. I just think he's a dumb player, and not a great skater. But he can wire it. We'll see.

Many people believe(d) that Chucky is a 30 goal scorer . . . because he did it once. I just think he's a dumb player, and not a great skater. But he can wire it. We'll see.
Similar to people thinking the Useless Tit was more than what he was...a Useless NHLer.

The shift to up tempo speed game hasn’t helped Galchenyuk any. The KHL awaits..

he would help our PP right now

my anger stems from the poor development of chuck

my anger stems from the poor development of chuck

I would counter where there’s a will there’s a way - unless there’s a lack of learning capacity or willingness.

MB said time & over “we show him things he nods his head saying he understands then goes on the ice and repeats the same mistakes”

I would counter where there’s a will there’s a way - unless there’s a lack of learning capacity or willingness.

MB said time & over “we show him things he nods his head saying he understands then goes on the ice and repeats the same mistakes”

Agreed , he got his change of scenery and is playing like shit

Domi wanted a fresh start and turned his career around but at least he competes every night .

hard to say either way

maybe he is what he is
maybe some more OHL and AHL time would have helped
maybe keeping him at one position instead of flip flopping would have helped

i think he could have still been a decent second line centre
he still has good advanced stats (with heavy Ozone starts)

Agreed , he got his change of scenery and is playing like shit

Domi wanted a fresh start and turned his career around but at least he competes every night .

The one thing that made me like the trade was his interview the same day where he stated that he wanted to play in a hockey market and was excited about the opportunity of doing so. Some player thrives in markets like Montreal and Toronto and other falters. Identifying the players that thrives in those markets is very important.

This post is still going strong and was allot of fun. Especially at the first when Geeman and Mindzeye tagged up. hahah. Fun times. Zeke came in and probably had the best input of all.

This post is still going strong and was allot of fun. Especially at the first when Geeman and Mindzeye tagged up. hahah. Fun times. Zeke came in and probably had the best input of all.

Whoops! Now demoted to 2nd line LW.
That is of course ignoring the fact that Phoenix's GM is a massive stats nerd and knows everything I just posted (and much more), and also likely sees AG as a centre.

Classic....
This is not fun.

MB is by the worst GM in Habs history.

I'm happy for AG. Good trade for Arizona.

Last edited:
Back