• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Yeah, I wanted Hughes or KK. I think we made the right choice.

Centres are a little slower develop in the NHL. Wingers have a lot less responsibility and are a little more free to just play offense. I would not trade KK for BT right now.

Jesperi has been good. Very happy with him.

I wasn't expecting him to light it up this year and he hasn't, but he is what this team needs. It was the right pick.

I think the issue with Jesperi is that he wasn't advertised at all. Some people are still just getting to know him, and those people are seeing him with a low point total and it is making them worried.

BT is a year older and built like a truck . He was clearly ahead of the development curve than KK .

I am surprised by both so far .

KK that he hasn't hit the wall yet and BT that he has better offensive ability than I thought

BT looks the modern day PF like his brother who bring the complete package to the table with skill and speed

My picks were Hughes or KK at 3 ....no complaints with KK so far .

With some tank luck we can draft another stud in the top 7 this year

No such luck this season.

Brown: The little details that make Jesperi Kotkaniemi one of the NHL's best rookies https://theathletic.com/740121/2018...peri-kotkaniemi-one-of-the-nhls-best-rookies/

Just as it can be tricky to measure defensive impact with statistics, it can be tricky to evaluate it in a more traditional way. The mistake that one player makes is often a product of other players’ errors. Corsica Hockey’s Defensive Wins Above Replacement (DWAR) is a measure of defensive value from shot rates (Corsi), shot quality (expected goals), penalty differential (drawn versus taken), and zonal transitions.

Kotkaniemi’s DWAR is 0.57, the highest on the Canadiens and second in the entire NHL. The impressive result is largely driven by Kotkaniemi’s shot suppression (Corsi against per 60 minutes of ice time), which is 47.5, the best on the Canadiens and top-30 in the NHL. His shot suppression is matched with impressive shot generation, giving him a teammate-relative shot share of 8.34 percent. Which essentially shows that in Kotkaniemi’s limited role, he has been one of the team’s best players at limiting shots against while racking up shots for.

Kotkaniemi doesn’t just contain the opposition, he makes plays. He breaks up the opposition’s attack, prevents shots, and returns possession to his team.

Nice comment from Scotty

Legendary Scotty Bowman about @CanadiensMTL’s Jesperi Kotkaniemi: “I saw Jean Béliveau with Victoriaville juniors at age 16. No one compares to Jean but Kotkaniemi, at 18, has a lot of Jean’s characteristics in his game. When he’s about 22, he’ll be a No. 1 centre for Montreal.”

JK has more points in the NHL than Zadina does in the AHL

(Zadina did miss some games...but still funny)

also has more points than Svechnikov

less than Dahlin though

Apparently his grandmother saved him. She can’t leave until the summer now.

reading the first few pages is funny

GGpX sorta nailed it
"Unless the player is supremely skilled and/or supremely intelligent so that their on ice awareness can make up for their lack of physical immaturity, see Patrice Bergeron & Ryan O'Reilly, 18 year old players should not be in the NHL."

he is that smart

Back