• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Drouin sucked. I hope it was a case of trying too hard to outshine the high end talent playing for the other side.

I am really pulling for Drouin, since he is not only a Hab but was a very popular junior player here in Halifax. He may have been the most skillfull player ever to come through Halifax, and there were no attitude or selfish play issues. Granted,that's junior.....

I am really pulling for Drouin, since he is not only a Hab but was a very popular junior player here in Halifax. He may have been the most skillfull player ever to come through Halifax, and there were no attitude or selfish play issues. Granted,that's junior.....

There's a lot of pressure on him to be a leader on offense and rightfully so.

I'm sure this coaching staff will talk to him about his performance in the first game.

LetterK.gif

John Lu:
Julien says he and management haven’t even talked about sending Kotkaniemi to Laval or Finland; their goal is to keep him here. However, that doesn’t rule out the possibility they decide otherwise down the road.

John Lu:
Julien says he and management haven’t even talked about sending Kotkaniemi to Laval or Finland; their goal is to keep him here. However, that doesn’t rule out the possibility they decide otherwise down the road.

The Calder is his!

It's interesting.

Julien says that the current plan is to keep him here. Yet, he won't use him when he is trying to win a game.

"I love JK and he's a great young player. But no way in hell he sees the ice if we are trying to win games." - inferred version

Pick a lane.

Last edited:
That likely will happen. Still better getting 10-12 minutes with us, than 20 in a weak league

I'm not convinced that's true. There is something to be said about learning to dominate a league. Being sheltered all the time is not necessarily to best thing to build upon your skills. Based on what I've seen so far, I still would have preferred to send him back to Finland or Laval. I don't like how we are using him.

Back