Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    Not just that, but Colorado has no glaring weaknesses in the coming future.

MacKinnon-Landesgkog-Kerfoot-Newhook/Jost(maybe) down the middle.

Rantanen-Compher-Jost(if there's no room in the middle) as top-6 wingers.

Johnson-Barrie
    Girard-Makar
    Byram-Zadonov
    Cole

As the starting D next season???? Are you ****ing kidding me??? Not counting Conor Timmins who missed last year due to concussion. If he had never gotten injured, he'd be on the roster and they'd have 7 top-4 d-men on the roster. They have a disgusting amount of talent.

That's your 2020-2021 Stanley Cup Champions, or at the very least the favorites in the West.
    I think Barrie is moved soon

Having Nate on the cheap is gold

Post Thanks / Like

So what’s the final verdict on the Sens opting to draft last year?

Tkachuk or Bowen/Turcotte/Cozens
    Last edited by DonKay; 06-23-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    Go Habs Go!

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post

I like BT but those C`s this year are better IMO . BT is not a generational or game changing talent

C`s are very difficult to obtain

By deferring to this year it created a shit show for the season

Every move was based on saving the season and hoping your healthy to give a higher pick

If you got it over with you could of dumped everyone sooner possibly for a higher return and let your kids get more experience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    I like BT but those C`s this year are better IMO . BT is not a generational or game changing talent

C`s are very difficult to obtain

By deferring to this year it created a shit show for the season

Every move was based on saving the season and hoping your healthy to give a higher pick

If you got it over with you could of dumped everyone sooner possibly for a higher return and let your kids get more experience
    Yeah, I like the fact tose guys are centers and Bowen is a potential top two guy
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Turcotte before all of them.

Turcotte, to me, is the third best player in this draft. I think that if he reaches his upside, he's a franchise, 25g 65a 90pts ish, 200 foot center that will drive other players crazy. I absolutely love him.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Turcotte before all of them.

Turcotte, to me, is the third best player in this draft. I think that if he reaches his upside, he's a franchise, 25g 65a 90pts ish, 200 foot center that will drive other players crazy. I absolutely love him.
    I have no issue with Dach at 3 , but surprised they bypassed Cozens or Turcotte

I think the Blues win may have push for that big 2 way pivot who can play a physical game in any situation

Post Thanks / Like

It was probably the "wrong" move but they really avoided disaster by that pick not being top 2. They also flipped Duchene for a solid enough return to avoid disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, excellent point. Easy to throw.

They are either racist or xenophobic and I stand by it.

racist
    [ rey-sist ]
    |
    SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR racist ON THESAURUS.COM
    noun
    a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

xenophobic
    [ zen-uh-foh-bik, zee-nuh‐ ]
    |
    SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR xenophobic ON THESAURUS.COM
    adjective
    relating to or exhibiting fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.
    relating to or exhibiting fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different.

That sounds like a lot of the French media working in sports if you ask me.

Don't worry, I know the definition of the words I use when describing these rats.
    It's neither in my opinion. It's mostly excessive patriotism. Closer to chauvinism.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    It's neither in my opinion. It's mostly excessive patriotism. Closer to chauvinism.
    I sent this to RDs because I have had enough of this still being a topic in this day and age.

My french grammar sucks but in the end its the message that counts.

A chaque année vous continuer de faire la promotion d’article racist comme celui d’Eric Leblanc qui dénigre les choix du CH parce qu’ils n’ont pas choisi assez de Quebecois. Peut être pour vous ca ne raisonne pas comme du racism, mais la vraie définition de racism est de faire la promotion d’un peuple au détriment de l’inclusion de tous. De dénigrer une organisation qui fait ses choix baser sur une evaluation de talent et potentiel est ignorant et loin d’etre inclusif.
    Go Habs Go!

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's cheap clicks...
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

I sent this to RDs because I have had enough of this still being a topic in this day and age.

My french grammar sucks but in the end its the message that counts.

A chaque année vous continuer de faire la promotion d’article racist comme celui d’Eric Leblanc qui dénigre les choix du CH parce qu’ils n’ont pas choisi assez de Quebecois. Peut être pour vous ca ne raisonne pas comme du racism, mais la vraie définition de racism est de faire la promotion d’un peuple au détriment de l’inclusion de tous. De dénigrer une organisation qui fait ses choix baser sur une evaluation de talent et potentiel est ignorant et loin d’etre inclusif.
    Your french is quite good and you're point is correct. Criticizing an organization that evaluate talent and potential regardless of origin is asinine. Just produce better players if you want the Habs to draft them.

Post Thanks / Like

Your french is quite good and you're point is correct. Criticizing an organization that evaluate talent and potential regardless of origin is asinine. Just produce better players if you want the Habs to draft them.
    One would think that in this day and age some would start seeing past nationality and language and race etc...and see the excitement of these kids being drafted by this team regardless of where they’re from
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

The timing wasnt right for a Quebec pick. The top 3, Poulin, Pelletier and Lavoie were picked between the Habs 15th and 46th pick. No way they could pass on Caufield at 15 for one of those 3. Should they have traded up to get one of these guys after the 15th pick? I honestly dont think there was enough value there to do that. I guess another question to ask ...could they have picked Bolduc over Struble at 46? If you really like a player , why pass on your hunch to please the media? You may spend the rest of your life regretting it.
    Last edited by wiseguy1; 06-24-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2019 NHL Entry Draft

When will anyone address the boogeyman...USNTDP is much better funded & far superior in recruitment & development techniques relative to QMJHL? Crosby’s & Lafreniere’s will come along every once in a while, but the league doesn’t produce quantity of high end talent anymore in a global competitive landscape.

Maybe it’s time Gilles Courteau brings it up with the franchise owners....who BTW are becoming represented more & more by former players who played their entire pro careers everywhere else but Quebec, just sayin...
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 06-24-2019 at 12:51 AM.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    When will anyone address the boogeyman...USNTDP is much better funded & far superior in recruitment & development techniques relative to QMJHL? Crosby’s & Lafreniere’s will come along every once in a while, but the league doesn’t produce quantity of high end talent anymore in a global competitive landscape.

Maybe it’s time Gilles Courteau brings it up with the franchise owners....who BTW are becoming represented more & more by former players who played their entire pro careers everywhere else but Quebec, just sayin...
    Its not exactly a secret.

But who cares really?

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a link to the full draft with McGuire, Button , and Bobby Mac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post

That is not the elephant in the room. The biggest reasons they are drafting in the US is that they have 4 years to sign them to pro contract while it’s 2 years for the CHL. Huge advantage for US prospects. Give you more time to evaluate the progression of a player before signing them.

This is nothing the Q can do unless the CHL wakes up.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, excellent point. Easy to throw.

They are either racist or xenophobic and I stand by it.

racist
    [ rey-sist ]
    |
    SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR racist ON THESAURUS.COM
    noun
    a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

xenophobic
    [ zen-uh-foh-bik, zee-nuh‐ ]
    |
    SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR xenophobic ON THESAURUS.COM
    adjective
    relating to or exhibiting fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.
    relating to or exhibiting fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different.

That sounds like a lot of the French media working in sports if you ask me.

Don't worry, I know the definition of the words I use when describing these rats.
    I guess then I’ll start to believe you are stupid because if you read this, it doesn’t apply to the situation.

Yeah u can call it favorism, nationalism, patriotism and I’ll entirely agree. But if you read those definition and still believe it is, then you are just dumb.
    Last edited by Guibs; 06-24-2019 at 08:21 AM.

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How many Q guys were drafted this year, overall and in the top 5 rounds. Finland (with a smaller population base) seems to be catching up faster than I thought.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
    I guess then I’ll start to believe you are stupid because if you read this, it doesn’t apply to the situation.

Yeah u can call it favorism, nationalism, patriotism and I’ll entirely agree. But if you read those definition and still believe it is, then you are just dumb.
    Doesn't look like I'm the one who needs a dictionary to understand the definition of the words I use, but you go girl.

Also, this is me caring:
    Last edited by GGpX; 06-24-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast