• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 NHL Entry Draft

I'm not so sure about that. Aside from Caufield I don't see any hidden gems, not like last year. I have no clue why they didn't package to move up to acquire Kaliyev or Lavoie, at least someone with potential.

I was never emballed by this draft. When the players projected in the mid-first round have so many holes in their game, it foreshadows the rest of the draft. A lot of the players taken in the first round this year probably would have been second round picks in other years. The fact that players like Broberg & Seider were top-10 picks is stunning. Seider is a project. He might turn out good, but he won't be ready for 2-3-4 years. You can't use a pick that high on a player like that. And Broberg is a big body who skates like the wind, but there are so many issues past that.

I love the Caufield pick. Homerun pick. Norlinder & Pitlick, I like. Fairbrother & Harvey-Pinard, whatever. Struble & Dichow, projects that we'll have a better idea if they're worth keeping an eye on in 2022. Khishamutdinov, intriguing. Leguerrier & Ruscheinski, non-entities.

Time will tell, but as is, I don't particularly like this draft haul for us.

What a surprise, RDS is out in full-force.

Headline: Le plein de défenseurs gauchers avant la LHJMQ
Éric Leblanc
Au lendemain de la première ronde, Trevor Timmins et l’état-major du Canadien a tenu à faire le plein de défenseurs gauchers au lieu de privilégier des espoirs québécois de la LHJMQ.

Gutless cretins.

As you said, it’s to be expected. It’s the “in thing” to be a victim. Pretty sad.

Its getting so ****in old....produce hockey players in the Q worth drafting and they’ll draft them.

The Q pool this year was mediocre at best

I listened to Timmins' interview post-draft and some of the French journalists are such ****ing eunuchs.

-They didn't expect Caufield to be there at 15, were convinced that he'd be taken in the top-10.

-The first thing he mentioned about Struble was his athleticism, said his reminded him of Charlie McAvoy. Has a bit of a nasty streak to him. Timmins said he was going to university next year, but I think he might be mistaken as it indicates he'll be going to Victoria in the BCHL in 2019 before heading to Northeastern in 2020.

-Said Norlinder had a great surge this year, from being given a chance on Modo's team to finishing the year on the second pairing. He was going to participate in Sweden's U20 camp in July, but a fractured hand during off-season training might prevent that.

-Called Gianni Fairbrother a good player with a lot of intensity and nastiness. Saw him stick up for a team mate, drop the gloves against a 6'6" overage player and "did him in pretty well." Said he has an edge to him.

-For Arsen Khisamutdinov - "The Russian" as he called him as he didn't even want to try to pronounce his name - has one more year on his contract in Russia before possibly moving to North America. Said that he was worried that a year from now, he'd be one of those UFAs from the KHL that has half the league lining up in hopes of signing him. Also noted that he & Norlinder (see fractured hand) won't be at the development camp this upcoming week.

-Called this a weaker draft and is banking on next year being a better draft, on top of the draft being in Montreal, as a reason why they traded away some of their picks away for 2020 picks.

-Said that there was a focus on LHD this draft. The fact that they drafted a lot of them is not a coincidence. (This has been a reoccuring theme during The Charlatan's era here)

-Got grilled by some French media as to why they didn't draft more Québécois. It was such chickenshit cowardice.

As you said, it’s to be expected. It’s the “in thing” to be a victim. Pretty sad.

It's not an in thing with people like Luc Gélinas, Stéphane Leroux & half the people in the French media that cover sports. They have been this way for as long as I remember watching them on TV. They are racist or xenophobic and simply tolerate the English speaking because they have no choice to. I'll always remember during the 2007 draft, Norman Flynn writing this whole spiel about how the Habs didn't draft Keven Veilleux, but instead they drafted this "wild" player (who he admited he never watched) and that, who knows, he might be good, but he better be superior to Keven because there'll be hell to pay otherwise!

We took PK Subban over Veilleux, who couldn't even hack it in the AHL.

Or how about in 2010 when we took Brendan Gallagher and one of them (I think it was Gilbert Delorme) openly laughing and scoffing, why would you have taken a 5'8" midget when Jonathan Brunelle is still available?? Fastforward a few years, and...

I have less than no respect for those ****ing hacks.

Last edited:
It's not an in thing with people like Luc Gélinas, Stéphane Leroux & half the people in the French media that cover sports. They have been this way for as long as I remember watching them on TV. They are racist or xenophobic and simply tolerate the English speaking because they have no choice to. I'll always remember during the 2007 draft, Norman Flynn writing this whole spiel about how the Habs didn't draft Keven Veilleux, but instead they drafted this "wild" player (who he admited he never watched) and that, who knows, he might be good, but he better be superior to Keven because there'll be hell to pay otherwise!

We took PK Subban over Veilleux, who couldn't even hack it in the AHL.

Or how about in 2010 when we took Brendan Gallagher and one of them (I think it was Gilbert Delorme) openly laughing and scoffing, why would you have taken a 5'8" midget when Jonathan Brunelle is still available?? Fastforward a few years, and...

I have less than no respect for those ****ing hacks.

Ah the famous Racist word. So easy to throw on the internet while being clueless of what it means. Dictionary mush be on the index or something as it seems people forgot they exist.

Yes, excellent point. Easy to throw.

They are either racist or xenophobic and I stand by it.

racist
[ rey-sist ]
|
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR racist ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

xenophobic
[ zen-uh-foh-bik, zee-nuh‐ ]
|
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR xenophobic ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
relating to or exhibiting fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.
relating to or exhibiting fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different.

That sounds like a lot of the French media working in sports if you ask me.

Don't worry, I know the definition of the words I use when describing these rats.

Pronman from The Athletic gave the Habs draft an A-. Largely on our top pick, I assume. He didn’t have much intel on our later picks.

And Wheeler says we are losers after our first pick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think our A- is for our top pick as Pronman did not have much to say about our late picks. Timmins is clearly banking on next year offering more talent.

Pronman is always grading on a curve. If you take, for example, McDavid #1 and the rest of the picks are scrubs, he'll give you an A++ because you left the draft with a generational talent and the best player in the draft by a mile. The pics afterwards are a lot less meaningful.

And I'm more on Scott Wheeler's side. A lot of ?s about our picks. I have real hope for Norlinder, but everyone else, very tempered expectations.

I didn't read either one of them, but Colorado to me is the clear-cut winner. They got a ton of talent.

Colorado's coming, man. We made fun of Sakic for a long time, but he's having the last laugh. They're a dynasty in the making and they're loaded with prospects.

The real grades are handed out years later. Timmins not having f ucks to give about the overall ranking is a feature, not a bug. Success doesn’t come from thinking like everyone else. Or course, being anti-consensus doesn’t guarantee success.

I didn't read either one of them, but Colorado to me is the clear-cut winner. They got a ton of talent.

Colorado's coming, man. We made fun of Sakic for a long time, but he's having the last laugh. They're a dynasty in the making and they're loaded with prospects.

Yep. That Duchene trade was great.

Not just that, but Colorado has no glaring weaknesses in the coming future.

MacKinnon-Landesgkog-Kerfoot-Newhook/Jost(maybe) down the middle.

Rantanen-Compher-Jost(if there's no room in the middle) as top-6 wingers.

Johnson-Barrie
Girard-Makar
Byram-Zadonov
Cole

As the starting D next season???? Are you ****ing kidding me??? Not counting Conor Timmins who missed last year due to concussion. If he had never gotten injured, he'd be on the roster and they'd have 7 top-4 d-men on the roster. They have a disgusting amount of talent.

That's your 2020-2021 Stanley Cup Champions, or at the very least the favorites in the West.

Last edited:
No doubt. They are stacked. But everyone thought Tampa was heading to the finals this year.

Aberration. Nothing in these playoffs made any sense.

Of course, they might run into Winnipeg and lose a 7 game series because they made mistakes to a very experienced team and lost games that they really should have won, but on paper, they're the favorites as far as I'm concerned.

I saw a list of what the final haul is for that Duchene trade A lot of names but the two big ones that will be a huge part of their defense corp for years are Byram and Girard riding shotgun behind Makar.

Back