Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 153

Thread: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

  1. #121
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    67,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Blond View Post
    Jets got the toughest matchup IMO if they get through the Blues I think they’re clear.
    They better get moving on the first part.

  2. #122
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Central Scouting's final rankings.

    https://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/lnh-ja...iste-1.6741549
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  3. #123
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    [replacer_a] (Paywall)
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  4. #124
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    [replacer_a] (Paywall)
    GGpx , who do you think in the lottery gambles with the KHL factor for Vasily Podkolzin ?

    I would take Cozens at 3 if I am Chicago

    Easier to find D in the first 2 rounds than a stud like Cozens in the top 5
    Last edited by GEEMAN; 04-16-2019 at 12:47 PM.

  5. #125
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Chicago always gets lucky unlike us. They know how to be good and actually win, then do a small rebuild and then compete again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

  6. #126
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    Chicago always gets lucky unlike us. They know how to be good and actually win, then do a small rebuild and then compete again.
    This will more than a small rebuild for the Hawks . They should of dumped Keith and never resigned the albatross in Seebrook.

    Those assets could of been on their roster by now helping out .

    They will improve but don't see them contending for a while as JT and Kane are hitting their 30`s and Crawford needing to be replaced .

    They will be a dreaded middle team for years to come IMO.

  7. #127
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Yeah I'm not really optimistic about Chicago either. They've made some pretty bad decisions in the past couple of years. Luckily for them, they've also made some good ones.

  8. #128
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Yeah I'm not really optimistic about Chicago either. They've made some pretty bad decisions in the past couple of years. Luckily for them, they've also made some good ones.
    That's the problem with contenders ....staying good without a major decline

    Unless you have the stones to start parting with players the Kings, Ducks , and Hawks are the examples of being too loyal to retain the aging core or as you say make bad decisions .

  9. #129
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    This will more than a small rebuild for the Hawks . They should of dumped Keith and never resigned the albatross in Seebrook.

    Those assets could of been on their roster by now helping out .

    They will improve but don't see them contending for a while as JT and Kane are hitting their 30`s and Crawford needing to be replaced .

    They will be a dreaded middle team for years to come IMO.

    and where do you exactly see us? We are going to be middle again forever. JT/Kane hit a combined 190PTS together this year lol. If people were 'excited' about KK, imagine if we had Debrincat. Plus they are going to get a stud prospect at #3 this year and have Boqvist/Henri. I think they know what to do, us on the other hand, not so sure.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

  10. #130
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    That's the problem with contenders ....staying good without a major decline

    Unless you have the stones to start parting with players the Kings, Ducks , and Hawks are the examples of being too loyal to retain the aging core or as you say make bad decisions .
    Chicago will win a stanley cup before us again. Book it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

  11. #131
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    GGpx , who do you think in the lottery gambles with the KHL factor for Vasily Podkolzin ?

    I would take Cozens at 3 if I am Chicago

    Easier to find D in the first 2 rounds than a stud like Cozens in the top 5
    Gut feeling, I don't think he drops past LA.

    I think the top-5 will be Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Cozen, Podkolzin. After that, we'll see.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  12. #132
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Btw, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced: If Turcotte is available at 6, I offer up all of this year's picks to move up. Hell, I'd offer some of next year's picks if necessary.

    I don't watch or read about prospects as much as I used to, and I'm not quite as bullish about Turcotte as I was about Quinn Hughes (The ****ing Canucks... of all teams with such a gutless bunch of **********s for fans...), but I love Turcotte. I think there is potential greatness in him. He's going to need one year in college because his body isn't NHL ready, but after that, he'll step right in.

    Excellent skater, very smart player, good instincts, knows where to be on the ice, doesn't take shifts off, very good offensive potential albeit not high end, plays a complete game.

    Honestly, outside of his size (5'11ish), there isn't much to dislike about him and even then, the NHL has shifted more towards speed and skill.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  13. #133
    Legend lecoqsportif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Why 6 if yer gonna trade all your picks? They have him at 4. Just go for it.

  14. #134
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    I don't think anyone in the top-5 would trade down, especially not down to 15. However, I could see Detroit move down. They have almost nothing in the minors.

    But hey, if we could trade up to 5, I'd do it. I'd even give up next year's 1st round draft pick to move up.

    Turcotte might not be a franchise center, but I think he's a step below. And even if he doesn't get to his potential, he'll be a good #2 center at the very worst.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  15. #135
    Legend lecoqsportif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Throw in Drouin if it helps.

    But maybe it won’t.

  16. #136
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Our Home and Native Land
    Posts
    13,486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    Throw in Drouin if it helps.

    But maybe it won’t.
    That’s likely going to hurt!

  17. #137
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    and where do you exactly see us? We are going to be middle again forever. JT/Kane hit a combined 190PTS together this year lol. If people were 'excited' about KK, imagine if we had Debrincat. Plus they are going to get a stud prospect at #3 this year and have Boqvist/Henri. I think they know what to do, us on the other hand, not so sure.
    We are still in no mans land trying to find our way 7 years later. We are no better now than when Nero took over .

    All we have on this current roster is KK and Domi that have any chance of either improving or being important players 3-4 years down the road and still being in their prime.

  18. #138
    Legend Guibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    23,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    I don't think anyone in the top-5 would trade down, especially not down to 15. However, I could see Detroit move down. They have almost nothing in the minors.

    But hey, if we could trade up to 5, I'd do it. I'd even give up next year's 1st round draft pick to move up.

    Turcotte might not be a franchise center, but I think he's a step below. And even if he doesn't get to his potential, he'll be a good #2 center at the very worst.
    If Turcotte was worth that many picks, he would be ranked #1 overall. Seems like you are vastly overpaying.

    In the draft, maybe 10% of your picks gets to be good NHLer. So by definition, you need more picks. It's possible the habs draft a better player than turcotte in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round. so giving all that for a question mark player is insane to me.

  19. #139
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    61,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
    If Turcotte was worth that many picks, he would be ranked #1 overall. Seems like you are vastly overpaying.

    In the draft, maybe 10% of your picks gets to be good NHLer. So by definition, you need more picks. It's possible the habs draft a better player than turcotte in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round. so giving all that for a question mark player is insane to me.
    No, you simply over-value draft picks. Outside of the top of the draft, it becomes a lottery to simply find NHLers, especially in this mediocre draft. Everybody we could take at #15 has some kind of glaring hole in their game or simply doesn't look like they have a lot of upside. I get the feeling that there's going to be a lot of prospects that are taken in the first round of this draft that never amount to anything.

    If you had the #1 overall pick, would you trade it for 8 middle of the pack picks in hopes of getting one or two extra above average players? Of course not, you'd keep the #1 overall pick. The #1 overall pick almost always guarantees you a top of the line NHLer. Jack Hughes is probably a franchise center, Kaapo Kakko is a probable first line scoring winger.

    I would trade all of picks this year & then some for what I feel is a guaranteed - at the very worst - second line center who plays a complete game, doesn't take shifts off and has great work ethic. I don't think he ends up as that, I think he's a top-line center that is a nudge under being a franchise center.

    Your chances of drafting a better player than that are slim to none. You are literally playing the lottery. The average teams finds about 2 players - regardless of talent - past round 1 per year. The more picks you have, the more chance you'll find some NHLers. Okay, fine, but how many of those are going to be quality NHLers? Not many.

    I'll go for the sure thing instead.
    Last edited by GGpX; 04-17-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    I probably work too much for my own good.

  20. #140
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

    Too bad we didn't finish top 8 like we needed to. I see everyone from like 10-25 being similar and just a crapshoot. Like I said, we fked up our rebuild by being too good this year. We needed to get 2 more high end studs, I am not overly optimistic on KK becoming a scorer like some others here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •