• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

News Thread ... 2018-19 Season

And if he is, is it REALLY on his own terms considering the rumors that he was encouraged to go find another situation if he wanted to.

He may have been encouraged to leave but Chelsea still want their pound of flesh. Supposedly, they want £5 million from Juve.

He may have been encouraged to leave but Chelsea still want their pound of flesh. Supposedly, they want £5 million from Juve.

Given their situation with Financial Fair Play rules, it would stupid not to at least try and extract some cash out of that situation. 5 mil incoming that is tied to roster or staff movement is worth a lot more than the cash value to them right now. Same reason they're actually looking to move along some of their million players out on loan even though they technically can't replace them for a year.

Smart move by Rafa. That place is always one bad mood day from the board room away from descending into chaos. Get out while you can.

Not that anyone cares all that much, but the US men have bumbled their way into the Gold Cup final against Mexico on the back of maybe three decent halves of football against pretty much nobody. It's not Mexico's full A team, but it's not that far off either. We're probably going to get smoked like a kipper.

Chelsea made it official and signed former NYCFC legend Frank Lampard as manager.

Rafa Benitez ended up in China with Dalian Yifang, currently 10th in the 16 team Chinese Super League. Their season runs March-November.

Last edited:
Chelsea made it official and signed former NYCFC legend Frank Lampard as manager.

Rafa Benitez ended up in China with Dalian Yifang, currently 10th in the 16 team Chinese Super League. Their season runs March-November.

Chelsea are paying Lampard 4 million pounds a year too. I mean, yikes.

Rafa has set himself up to ride to the rescue of some team that gets off to a rough start with that gig in China. He can hit the beach and relax for a bit, settle into a big paycheck until November and then take his pick of damsels in distress. If he wants to. He can also just do the usual and simply pad his retirement portfolio with Chinese cash.

Mexico takes the Gold Cup Final 1-0 over the US. Pretty nip and tuck game before the Mexicans put their foot down after half time. The US played well though, and provided a very entertaining back and forth first half. I was happy with their game and I think that they've come miles and miles as a group since the start of the Gold Cup.

Also in hardware news, Brazil took the Copa America final over Peru 3-1. Peru played great in the tournament but Brazil just isn't a good matchup for them. They got smoked by them twice.

Last edited:
Back