• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Sabres acquire Jeff Skinner

Sabrenator

Sabres & Golf Forum Moderator
For Cliff Pu, a 2019 second pick, a third in 2020 and a 6th in 2020.

Let me say first, I love this deal. Eichel has his scoring winger.

Great deal for Buffalo. Skinner is in his final year of a relatively fair contract and will be a UFA next summer. He's certainly going to be trying to earn a big check. He also has a full no movement clause that he has rather noisily threatened to apply, so don't get too many ideas about moving him at the deadline. Skinner is perfectly capable of playing first line and first power play unit minutes and will be a streaky, somewhat frustrating scorer. Used in a prominent role he probably can be relied on for 25-30 goals. He'll play absolutely no defense and will turn the puck over a million times going one on five like a maniac, but he'll score goals.

Skinner disappeared like he normally does for parts of every season and Buffalo predictably fell apart at that same time.

Skinner's first 41 games with the Sabres: 28 Goals 13 Assists +17

Skinners 2nd half as of March 10th (27 games): 8 Goals 9 Assists -17

Vintage Jeff Skinner and yet another playoff miss. I would be VERY cautious about signing Skinner to a huge long term deal. Yep, he can score goals. But he is an absolute black hole in his own end which is why the Canes and Rod Brind'Amour were more than happy to take whatever they could get for him. Buyer beware!!!!

Back