Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2018-19 Premiere League Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018-19 Premiere League Thread

Just a quick look at the Championship as well.

Norwich, Leeds, West Brom, Middlesborough and Nottingham Forest are the top 5 after 20 matches, and those first three have to be the early favorites to fight it out for the two automatic promotion spots. They've been class all season while most everybody else has been all over the place in terms of form. But nobody's running away like Wolves did last season and it's a wide open race for the top 6.

Catching up on other fairly recent former Premiere League clubs
    Aston Villa are riding a suddenly hot Tammy Abraham to get back into the playoff mix, but there's noise that Chelsea might recall him from his loan in January. Swansea, QPR and Stoke are literally holding up the middle of the table, while Hull is floating juuuusssttt above the relegation zone. I kind of hope Leeds hold onto their momentum. It would be nice to see the lillywhites back in the Prem.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

A busy Saturday kicks off the weekend. There are 8 matches, only 4 on TV and a late match at the KP.

Saturday:
    Bournemouth v. Liverpool 7:30 NBCSN
    Man U v. Fulham 10:00 NBCSN
    Arsenal v. Huddersfield
    Burnley v. Brighton
    Cardiff v. Southampton
    West Ham v. Crystal Palace
    Chelsea v. Man City 12:30 NBC
    Leicester v. Spurs 2:45 NBCSN

Sunday:
    Newcastle v. Wolves 11:00 NBCSN

Monday:
    Everton v. Watford 3:00 NBCSN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So. We pull a snow day here on a Sunday and the only Premiere League game on the slate is freaking Newcastle and Wolves .... and the one American involved got a straight red, largely due to his own ineptitude. I mean ... ugh. 2-1 to Wolves ... some decent plays not he goals, but otherwise fairly dire.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    So. We pull a snow day here on a Sunday and the only Premiere League game on the slate is freaking Newcastle and Wolves .... and the one American involved got a straight red, largely due to his own ineptitude. I mean ... ugh. 2-1 to Wolves ... some decent plays not he goals, but otherwise fairly dire.
    I lost power right after Perez scored, so I missed all the fun.

Liverpool top of the table. Go figure.

Super-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

City need to find the hunger in the big games. It's gotten too easy for them against the lower level squads. They didn't look to have that extra level versus Chelsea. They'll probably still win it but they need to maintain that sense of urgency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HNIM View Post
    City need to find the hunger in the big games. It's gotten too easy for them against the lower level squads. They didn't look to have that extra level versus Chelsea. They'll probably still win it but they need to maintain that sense of urgency.
    Yeah ... Pep has quietly talked with some media about bringing in a couple of guys in the January window simply to provide some competition for his starting 11. Not a bad idea, really.

Super-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Hassenhuttl's [sp] reaction after the Soton win was princess. Great to see that kind of passion.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HNIM View Post
    Hassenhuttl's [sp] reaction after the Soton win was princess. Great to see that kind of passion.
    I hated it. I hated the way Leno misplayed the cross to Austin even more.

Post Thanks / Like

Austin owns your Gooners, Anj.

Super-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andyt View Post
    I hated it. I hated the way Leno misplayed the cross to Austin even more.
    FWIW, I wasn't trolling. With Hugo's penchant for misadventure, that would be terrible karma. And really, anybody but Austin. It was just that after watching Burnley timewaste a good half hour of the game away (three yellow cards for it were nowhere near enough) it was nice to see a squad in a dire situation get rewarded for actually playing the game.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnít think you were trolling. Since it was behind the paywall, I didnít see it, only the highlights. I didnít see the Spurs match but it sounds like Dyche is back to his pre-2017 mode. It was great to see new blood in the European spots but that last thing the Prem needs is another Tony Freaking Pulis to bleed all the joy out of a match.

And objectively, itís great that a team got rewarded for attacking late in the match. I just wish it was against someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345