• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

I feel like there is going to be a couple selling GM's left holding the bag in the forward market

Stone
Dzingel
Hayes
Zuccarrelo
Brassard
Hoffman
Simmonds
Johansson
Vanek
Skinner?
Staal?
Panarin?

All pending UFA at the end of the year and except for the last three all known to be shopped at the moment. Not sure there are enough buyers to make homes for all these guys, and this is omitting anyone with term left.

Wonder if the Leafs could entice Ottawa to take Horton. Cap hit of 5.3M next year with salary of 3.6M. Would help Uncle Eugene get to the floor and the Leafs won't have to stickhandle around him any more. Like would something be like this possible?

Horton + sweetener for conditional 7th. Hell maybe you could sell them on Zaitsev?

Then go to Anaheim and make a pitch for Manson. They are in proper cap hell right now. Then we have our top 4 set for the next year.
I definitely think us moving Horton has got to be a possibility. Right now his full $5.3M salary is dead space that is fully counting against our cap this season. And we can't put him on LTIR and spend that money because we need to stay below the cap to account for Matthews & Marner's bonuses.

So if you find a way to move him, that opens up a pretty massive amount of cap space this season. And a team like Ottawa is a good a partner as any, since they will need some help reaching the salary cap floor.

You guys are still on the hook for Horton?

Ottawa would probably want you to take Ryan in that deal.

What the he’ll happened to Ottawa? On paper they had some solid pieces.

Duchene
Stone
Dzingel
Hoffman
Karlsson
Chabot

It’s not a bad core at all yet they blew it all up. Melnyk must be skirting food stamps.

Skinner is likely done for the season

https://twitter.com/2Murphy8/status/1099386795467464704?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Buffalo was already ****ed, and now Skinner is probably motivated to discuss an extension with them at a more reasonable number than his ~45 goal pace this season would have otherwise suggested.

Which is fine, because I don't think they're ever going to get this kind of production from him again and seeing a "rival" fire 8-9 million at him for 7 years would make me smile.

cut.jpg

Buffalo was already ****ed, and now Skinner is probably motivated to discuss an extension with them at a more reasonable number than his ~45 goal pace this season would have otherwise suggested.

Which is fine, because I don't think they're ever going to get this kind of production from him again and seeing a "rival" fire 8-9 million at him for 7 years would make me smile.

Skinner is the front runnder for grossest contract of the summer IMO.

If he doesn't score at least 40 goals i feel like he's so useless at everything else then it not worth having him, and i think his shooting % is stupid this year too.

Back