• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Don't like the Landeskog offside call. He's not considered part of the play as far as how many guys are on the ice, but he counts for offside as he's trying to get the bench door open?

Anyway I get that's the rule but it seems dumb. The obvious fix is just to not have one door of the bench inside the the zone.

anybody but the bruins
Basically this. Though if I was to lean towards any specific team, it'd be St-Louis.

I might normally cheer for the Sharks & Thornton, but a win by them would have a big 'ole asterisk beside it with the way they got out of the first round.

Honestly though, I pretty much stopped watching after the first round. It grosses me out too much how weak the remaining field of teams is.

The NHL is always trying to take away offensve numbers from the sport. I never get that.
Seeing it a goal went in is fine, but cocach's challenges was so stupid.

Nice for the league and the officials to give a fighting chance to the poor Bruins against the big, bad Hurricanes.

Looks like Buffalo might be ready to hire. Keefe won't be asked for an interview. They are considering Tippett and Jauques Martin.

Looks like Buffalo might be ready to hire. Keefe won't be asked for an interview. They are considering Tippett and Jauques Martin.
That'd be great news.

That'd leave Anaheim, Ottawa & Edmonton as the only coaching vacancies.

And the Anaheim job is apparently already slated to go to Dallas Eakins once Anaheim's AHL team is done in the playoffs. If Keefe was even interested in Ottawa, he'd probably have to take a pay cut to go there. And I'd assume that Ken Holland will hire someone with a Detroit connection or someone from the old boys club for Edmonton.

Goddamn waste.

Babcock spent the last two months of the year whining about having a roster filled with talent.

Complained about lack of depth and then didn't play his stars enough, overplaying the depth he claimed he didn't have.

Makes complete ****ing sense Mike.

Back