• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Never ever forget, while everyone is talking about the Blues' great defense, how many ten bell saved Binnington had to make.

From The Athletic

The Bruins scored 10 five-on-five goals in seven games. None came off the sticks of Bergeron or Marchand. David Pastrnak, the pair’s right-wing sidecar, scored one on a team-high 24 shots on goal. Collectively, the No. 1 line finished with a 1.96 shooting percentage. Not even a behemoth such as the Bruins could overcome such limp offense.

Never ever forget, while everyone is talking about the Blues' great defense, how many ten bell saved Binnington had to make.

And people say that Freddy plays good enough in the playoffs.

You need this type of goaltending to make it.... up until the finals, Rask was on fire as well.

Last edited:
I'm people say that Freddy plays good enough in the playoffs.

You need this type of goaltending to make it.... up until the finals, Rask was on fire as well.
Yep. Freddie is definitely a fatal flaw when it comes to the Leafs' Cup chances. Babcock too.

In any series where the outcome is a 50/50 coin-flip or worse, like Boston this year, those two will **** us over hard.

Boston had half the high danger chances last night than they did against the Leafs in game 7 (7 vs 15 against the Leafs) and only 1.37 xGF 5 on 5. They had 3.18 xG in game 7 vs the Leafs.

Blues on paper have had a top 3 D for years and had nothing to show for it. And there's no playoffs without Binnington this year.

Boston had half the high danger chances last night than they did against the Leafs in game 7 (7 vs 15 against the Leafs) and only 1.37 xGF 5 on 5. They had 3.18 xG in game 7 vs the Leafs.

top line ran out of gas and their powerplay couldn't carry them like it did earlier

it is how you know boston fans have had it too good

no ****ing way i am leaving game 7 of the cup finals early - i dont care if the habs are down 20

Even if they're gonna lose you stay and applaud them for the run.

There would have been some expensive seats for that game, to watch your team lose the Cup on home-ice. Tough stuff. Tough, tough stuff.

crying-sad-emoticon-emoji-smiley-260nw-769793164.jpg

Marchand, IMO, is taking that 2nd goal pretty hard. Losing the game sucks, but having played a direct role in the game-winner is gonna ache for abit.

Last edited:
Back