• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Just wanted to throw this out there for no real reason other than it's funny

Screen_Shot_2016-06-29_at_5.20.33_PM.0.png

When Weber becomes less useful the Habs absolutely have to bend Nashville over a barrel. Weber for a good young player and a 1st.

Then the Preds can convince him to go on LTIR.

When Weber becomes less useful the Habs absolutely have to bend Nashville over a barrel. Weber for a good young player and a 1st.

Then the Preds can convince him to go on LTIR.

Yeah, they've got the Preds by the nuts. Imagine having to clear almost 25 million in cap space if Weber makes it to 39 but insists on retiring like Lou did?

Some rumours are isles going for varlamov and panarin to blow their load on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee would be a great addition.... depending on the cost of course.

We could use a big, productive winger.

And you're willing to spend 7.5/7 to get a 29 yr old one of those?

Just remember, the guy went from 34 & 40 goals on JT's wing to 28 goals without.

Some rumours are isles going for varlamov and panarin to blow their load on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Lehner turned down 2x5 from the Isles apparently.

If I had to bet though, I'd say that Panarin taking the Isles seriously is a tactic to get the Rangers to bump their offer. The Rangers basically came out and said that they have their limits when it comes to chasing Panarin. Oddly enough, Panarin didn't start taking NYI seriously until the day after the Rangers said that. Everything we've heard about Panarin is that he wants a destination city, bright lights and all of that. Nassau isn't that.

Yeah, they've got the Preds by the nuts. Imagine having to clear almost 25 million in cap space if Weber makes it to 39 but insists on retiring like Lou did?

You have to believe Weber will be retiring sooner than 39. There's no way he plays that long.

And you're willing to spend 7.5/7 to get a 29 yr old one of those?

Just remember, the guy went from 34 & 40 goals on JT's wing to 28 goals without.

Backes, Eriksson, lucic, Nielsen, ladd, moulson... Etc. Do I have to go on? These signings literally always end poorly. Always.

Roundup of rumours from Elliotte Friedman's pre-July 1st piece:

-Anders Lee to Montreal or Chicago for 7 years X $8M AAV (lol)

-Panarin & Varlamov to the Islanders

-Pavelski to Dallas for 3-4 years X $7M

-Zuccarello to Minnesota for 5 X $5.8M

-Donskoi to Colorado for $3.5-4M AAV (condolences to Preston)

-Brett Connolly to Florida for 4 years X $3.5M

-Richard Panik to Washington for 4 X $2.5M (wtf?)

-Jordie Benn & Tyler Myers to Vancouver

-Bobrovsky to Florida for 7 X $10M (holy ****)

-Mike Smith to Edmonton

-Cam Talbot to Calgary

-Brown/Zaitsev to Ottawa for Ceci (potentially more involved, not sure)

-Corey Perry to Dallas

Back