• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
It's the 2018 off-season. Let's continue the discussions in this thread.

Also....John Tavares and Auston Matthews are Toronto Maple Leafs!

Toronto and tampa go neck and neck for first in the division.
Boston stumbles this season, and makes the playoffs on the last day of the season.
Leafs meet boston in the playoffs and win in 5.
Montreal and buffalo have surprisingly good seasons.
Ottawa and carolina and Detroit are the bottom dwellers.

Playoff teams:

Toronto
Tampa
Philly
Florida
Wash
Columbus
New jersey
Boston

Pittsburgh misses the playoffs this season
Florida beats tampa.
Leafs take florida in 6.
Leafs meet Washington in conference finals ... leafs in 6

Leafs and winnipeg for the stanley cup .... winner in 7th game.

Toronto and tampa go neck and neck for first in the division.
Boston stumbles this season, and makes the playoffs on the last day of the season.
Leafs meet boston in the playoffs and win in 5.
Montreal and buffalo have surprisingly good seasons.
Ottawa and carolina and Detroit are the bottom dwellers.

Playoff teams:

Toronto
Tampa
Philly
Florida
Wash
Columbus
New jersey
Boston

Pittsburgh misses the playoffs this season
Florida beats tampa.
Leafs take florida in 6.
Leafs meet Washington in conference finals ... leafs in 6

Leafs and winnipeg for the stanley cup .... winner in 7th game.
Crazy talk.

No centers, and no defense either.

I mean, Petry's a good 2nd pair guy and Mete's a solid prospect (who the Habs, if they were wise, wouldn't rush into the NHL to play for this awful team)...but with Weber out, the rest is a pile of hot, steaming garbage.

The only way I can see Montreal surprising anyone is if Carey Price ends up as a Hart nominee. And even then, like UWHabs said, that's probably just enough to elevate them from the league basement to a worse draft pick while still missing the playoffs.

Habs season will depend on Price. If he's healthy and back to all-star form, they will tread water and remain firmly outside the playoffs and firmly outside the basement of the league. If Price shits the bed, yeah, the Habs are a bottom-5 team IMO.

Drouin and Domi could surprise next season, age-wise they are both primed for a breakout.

Also, the Pacioretty saga needs to resolve itself. Does he stay? Is he traded for a similar scoring winger?

If Montreal has a chance, they need a healthy season from everyone (that isn't already injured)...

Even in a best-case scenario, I don't think Domi's anything more than a 20-25 goal, 50-60 point player.

And of course, the guy he's replacing in the lineup was already that.

As for Drouin, I'm really not sure he'll be able to take that next step so long as he's being forced to play out of position and has very little support around him.

Even in a best-case scenario, I don't think Domi's anything more than a 20-25 goal, 50-60 point player.

And of course, the guy he's replacing in the lineup was already that.

As for Drouin, I'm really not sure he'll be able to take that next step so long as he's being forced to play out of position and has very little support around him.

Yeah, I'm not counting on much from Domi. Best case he's a solid supporting guy.

The Habs do have a chance if Drouin can breakout and be that 70-ish point type of guy. That would give us 2 legit top threats between him and Pacs, with a solid supporting group in Gallagher, Domi, and the rest. Still a little thin down the middle (Danault should only be a 3rd line C, but he'll be our second best guy). But D without Weber is definitely not pretty. With him there, there could be a chance to sneak into the playoffs, but with him out half the season, we'd need a crazy breakout from multiple guys to have a shot.

At this point, I just hope that we're far enough back that management isn't an idiot and tries to keep Pacs. And that when we do deal him, they don't try for the quick fix and just get the best talent along with a nice pick at the deadline for him.

Yeah, I don’t even want them to try for the playoffs. Need another top pick. Preferably first overall. Jack Hughes would look good with Kotkaniemi in a couple of years.

Yeah, I don’t even want them to try for the playoffs. Need another top pick. Preferably first overall. Jack Hughes would look good with Kotkaniemi in a couple of years.

looking at the D Corp, bergevin doesn't want them to try for the playoffs either.

That and our best forwards this coming season are going to be cap space and Gallagher.

Also, change your avatar, Galchenyuk was traded months ago.

looking at the D Corp, bergevin doesn't want them to try for the playoffs either.

That and our best forwards this coming season are going to be cap space and Gallagher.

Yeah, it gives me some hope that we stayed away from actually improving the team in the off-season, especially with them knowing about Weber before FA started.

Back