Page 220 of 270 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 5399

Thread: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

  1. #4381
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    That's what Lou does not get. He gives big $ to supporting guys. All of us have said on here for years pay your top stars and cheap-out on the supporting cast. Dubas gets it.

    11.5 million for Nelson and Eberle till their mid 30's.
    Those contacts aren't that horrendous

    Lucic, Erikson, Ladd , etc.....were disasters from day 1

  2. #4382
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    So remember that time it really looked like Debrusk got concussed against the Leafs?

    It appears that he was playing with a concussion for the rest of the playoffs. Good job Bruins, you ****ing clowns.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

  3. #4383
    Legend hockeylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    So remember that time it really looked like Debrusk got concussed against the Leafs?

    It appears that he was playing with a concussion for the rest of the playoffs. Good job Bruins, you ****ing clowns.
    I love hockey but the sport is so ****ing toxic in a lot of ways. We know way more about CTE and concussions and nothing ever changes.

  4. #4384
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    The narrative is that Debrusk "hid" the injury from the Bruins.

    A more accurate way of depicting that, is the Bruins really didn't want to ****ing know. If an event doesn't trigger the NHL concussion protocol immediately, I think there are a lot of organizations that would quietly ignore it.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

  5. #4385
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    The narrative is that Debrusk "hid" the injury from the Bruins.

    A more accurate way of depicting that, is the Bruins really didn't want to ****ing know. If an event doesn't trigger the NHL concussion protocol immediately, I think there are a lot of organizations that would quietly ignore it.
    How does the concussion protocol work in the NHL?

    In NFL, an independent neurological consultant must examine the player. Player and team doctor could not hide anything without conspiring with the independent neurological consultant
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  6. #4386
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    How does the concussion protocol work in the NHL?

    In NFL, an independent neurological consultant must examine the player. Player and team doctor could not hide anything without conspiring with the independent neurological consultant
    There is, but if the concussion spotter doesn't deem it necessary to pull the player from the game for evaluation, nothing happens unless the team medical staff pick up on it.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

  7. #4387
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    There is, but if the concussion spotter doesn't deem it necessary to pull the player from the game for evaluation, nothing happens unless the team medical staff pick up on it.
    That spotter needs to get fired. If that hit didn't elicit curiosity, I;m not sure what would.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  8. #4388
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    That spotter needs to get fired. If that hit didn't elicit curiosity, I;m not sure what would.
    Maybe. I'm pretty sure the spotting happens out of the NHL command centre in Toronto.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

  9. #4389
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Maybe. I'm pretty sure the spotting happens out of the NHL command centre in Toronto.
    the replay drew my attention, and I'm no doctor
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  10. #4390
    Legend JackBurton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1139943751072342016

    They already gave up a 3rd rounder just for a chance for a phone conversation. Now they will give-up more assets in a trade?

  11. #4391
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    What is their fascination with this very meh middle 6 winger?
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

  12. #4392
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    45,498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Kahun and 5th for Maata


    Why Stan?

  13. #4393
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsJonas View Post
    Kahun and 5th for Maata


    Why Stan?
    Stan is an aggravating combination of brilliant and mouth breather, depending on the day.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

  14. #4394
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    45,498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Stan is an aggravating combination of brilliant and mouth breather, depending on the day.
    Maata locked in at 4.4 for three more years. His issue of too many bottom pair D and needing a top 4 D yielded a expensive bottom pair d

  15. #4395
    Legend leaffan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    23,497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsJonas View Post
    Maata locked in at 4.4 for three more years. His issue of too many bottom pair D and needing a top 4 D yielded a expensive bottom pair d
    Time to jump back on the ship? The city of Toronto is kind of a big deal right now.

  16. #4396
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    45,498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by leaffan2005 View Post
    Time to jump back on the ship? The city of Toronto is kind of a big deal right now.
    And all of you eh? Tempting

  17. #4397
    Legend LeafGm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    47,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Erik Karlsson is re-signing with the Sharks, as per Bobby Mac. Going to be interesting to see how it turns out for that team having likely almost $20M per season committed to a 34 year-old Brent Burns and a 29 year-old (possibly diminished and/or injury prone) Erik Karlsson until 2025.
    #FireBabcock #Freddy Andersen=Patrick Lalime

  18. #4398
    Legend LeafGm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    47,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Eight years @ around $11.5M per season for Karlsson, as per Bobo.
    #FireBabcock #Freddy Andersen=Patrick Lalime

  19. #4399
    Legend Volcanologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sector 7-G
    Posts
    30,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    I'm a bit surprised in the sense that I was pretty sure he'd end up back in the East somewhere because of the wife.

    but otherwise, who the hell wouldn't want to play and live in San Jose?
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

  20. #4400
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    80,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

    Sometimes you just need to put the pimp hand down.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

    Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Page 220 of 270 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •