• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason #4-Canada's team vs small market bottom feeders

I can predict one thing right now Danault and Armia will get tons of scoring chances this year and score somewhere around 12-15 goals each only

I see Scherbak can be the next guy who will pack his bags and leave the city. Last one of Russian connection.

So guys what should we get with our top 4-5 pick in 1st round for the next draft? Defender i guess, now that we sealed the C position(at least pretending of doing it ;)).

I'm less than convinced in our ability to develop young players on our pro team, I'd rather let them develop on their own in juniors, Europe or AHL until they're fully ready.

If 18 year olds can keep pace in the NhL and utilize their skills and ability and and are used on a regular shift there will be huge benefits to developing in the NHL, playing with good players, NHL practices, NHL coaching.

But if an 18 year old is just keeping up and not able to display his true skills and abilities there is no point.

JK has shown thus far that he not only is able to keep up but has displayed some of the vision, hands and skills that he was touted for....having said that the nine games may be the next test for him

other than the fear based argument about not rushing him, there is no reason the Mole shouldn't start the season with us

I'm less than convinced in our ability to develop young players on our pro team, I'd rather let them develop on their own in juniors, Europe or AHL until they're fully ready.

I can see an argument for the AHL but his league in Finland is trash. At least give him the nine game look.

If 18 year olds can keep pace in the NhL and utilize their skills and ability and and are used on a regular shift there will be huge benefits to developing in the NHL, playing with good players, NHL practices, NHL coaching.

But if an 18 year old is just keeping up and not able to display his true skills and abilities there is no point.

JK has shown thus far that he not only is able to keep up but has displayed some of the vision, hands and skills that he was touted for....having said that the nine games may be the next test for him

Just because he's currently one of the best 4 centers in our roster is not a good enough reason to keep him in the lineup. We need to play the long game with him and do what will make him best in 3-4 years. If it's the NHL, so be it, but I doubt it. The kid is still super young and not at all develop physically. He hold his own but he's not dominating either. Way more harm could be done keeping him in the big club than sending him back IMO. He's going to be good, don't **** it up on a wasted season anyway.

Back