• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Season GDT Canada's Team vs Pig Nose/Lacrosse Player's team 7:00ET

He is coming off a major knee operation. Probably not a good idea to use the past to predict the future with this one. We're just gonna have to let it play out.

What major knee operation ...... its wasnt one of those 1 year ACL reconstruction or fractured patella`s types .

He will be just fine . Thornton at nearly 40 had major surgeries and he never relied on speed .

Weber never had a problem keeping up, this is a mis conception people are attributing to his size, age and thinking he is slow.

I have rarely seen Weber get beat by fast skilled players and he has always been known to be a puck mover via good first passes.

Will his return from an injury of this magnitude require some time to get up to speed? Of course

Erik Karlsson was not himself last year after returning from a serious injury and he's considered the best dman in the league.

Weber is a force of nature, this guy is a machine, when he'll be back he will be fine.

Exactly , EK had half his ankle reconstructed along with a lacerated achilles tendon .

His injuries are way worse . We are way overating speed in the is new NHL

You need it but some players like Weber , Getzalf, Chara , Thornton etc rely on smarts and instincts.

The problem is having a slow top 9 or your entire D.... A player here and there isnt an issue .

It was a torn meniscus, so he should end up being fine. That being said, not every surgery always works, it's never 100%, but he should still be better than he was before surgery. I had my 5th shoulder surgery last week and I need to do my other shoulder in January :( So I'm living proof they don't always come out perfect.

We deserved a better fate for sure. A good effort.

Claude Julien lost this game by starting the worst 2 forwards of the game in overtime at 3 on 3.

Good on him for sitting Plekanec and Alzner who were not good enough.
Good on him for starting offensive players in overtime.

But If you start a game on merit, you can’t end it with Drouin.
You have to go all the way, and Julien failed the team in OT.

I disagree....we took it to the Leafs at even strength all night.

We could've won...in fact, we were buzzing in their zone until JD decided he was Kovalev

We arent going to win a skill contest in OT pond hockey with the Leafs. They will end the game very quickly .

We have NOTHING to match their finishing ability in OT , they need 1 quality shot on net and its over.

Yep. Best chance is get to OT and hope Price pulls it out. Too much skill up front for the Leafs.

What major knee operation ...... its wasnt one of those 1 year ACL reconstruction or fractured patella`s types .

He will be just fine . Thornton at nearly 40 had major surgeries and he never relied on speed .

It is well documented that the "clean up" turned into an unexpected major procedure. You can google it. The change in the scope of the surgery is the reason for the lengthy recovery time.

This is all public information.

https://www.nhl.com/news/shea-weber...o-montreal-following-knee-surgery/c-300032640

"The 33-year-old defenseman initially thought he would be able to return for the start of the season, but when doctors were conducting an arthroscopy on his right knee on June 19, they discovered a more comprehensive procedure to repair a meniscal tear was required and told him he would need 5-6 months to recover."

He might be fine, but this is not as cut and dry as you want to think it is. He's not a young buck anymore.

Last edited:
Disagree. The Habs need to beat a team like the Leafs before OT. This team can't match them 3 on 3.

Not many teams can.

But I agree that you don't want to get into a skills competition with a team like Toronto....be it 3 on 3 or shootout.

Had we had more finish around the net or better decisions from the point on the PP maybe we would have managed to get an extra goal that game.

This will once again be the story of this season, not enough finishers.

Back