• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

Would anyone do a kapanan for Manson deal?
Right handed dman, nice shot and has an edge. He is also signed for the next 4 years at 4 million.

You would trade Kapanen for a D that has broke 30 points once in his career because he plays with a little edge? You're either overvaluing Manson or undervaluing Kapanen IMO. Kapanen is not your top young player obviously but teams need players like Kapanen to win cups. I wouldn't make that trade unless something more substantial was coming back your way.

I dont know zeke ...... defence usually trumps offence, kapanan will be wanting a raise next season, maybe more than 4 mil.

You would trade Kapanen for a D that has broke 30 points once in his career because he plays with a little edge? You're either overvaluing Manson or undervaluing Kapanen IMO. Kapanen is not your top young player obviously but teams need players like Kapanen to win cups. I wouldn't make that trade unless something more substantial was coming back your way.

I must undervalue him then ..... a top 4 dman to go along with reilly, dermot, muzzin could be very good

We need Kapanen more than we need another defenseman at this point.

Without him, it becomes a lot harder for us to ice three lines that are all a serious threat to score. And we no longer have anyone waiting in the wings on the Marlies or in our developmental system that could potentially replace the high-end talent Kapanen brings to the table.

Not to mention the unique weapon that is having one of the NHL's fastest skaters on your team.

I also think that'd be a vast overpayment for Manson. He hasn't turned out like the stud he looked like he might be a couple years ago.

I get the overall logic but the specifics of the matter, Kapanen for Manson, seem to favor Anaheim.

Kapanen is a good player and I wouldn’t trade him for Manson, but soon enough Kapanen will price himself at a figure that you just can’t pay your sixth best fwd.

And they obviously can afford to move him and if they did they would continue to have one of tbe deepest and most talented offensive team in the league.

Anyways he’s a great chip because he’s talented enough to anchor a trade for a legit top three dman. And one whose way better than Manson.

I also think that'd be a vast overpayment for Manson. He hasn't turned out like the stud he looked like he might be a couple years ago.

Maybe we get another buy low opportunity with Murray. It was him that handed over the young Gardiner for Beauchemin, wasn't it? Different situation obviously but it could well be that Randy is the root of Manson's stalled development.

That said, no way in hell do you cough up a guy like Kapanen for a player like this. This is a discount opportunity. Bracco+ might do the trick.

Kapanen is a good player and I wouldn’t trade him for Manson, but soon enough Kapanen will price himself at a figure that you just can’t pay your sixth best fwd.

And they obviously can afford to move him and if they did they would continue to have one of tbe deepest and most talented offensive team in the league.
I don't know if that's necessarily set in stone.

If they can kick the can down the road for another 2-3 years by signing him to a bridge deal this summer, then by the time that contract's up, the combination of the cap ceiling continuing to raise and other players getting trimmed off our salary cap might allow us to keep him for the long haul.

It's Andreas Johnsson that I think might be in more imminent danger of getting moved, though probably not in-season this year.

With you guys needing to do dollar for dollar as a basis for a trade methinks it's going to be quite difficult to get anything done, unless it's like a 2M player where the other team eats a ton of salary, in which case the ACQ cost might be too high.

Maybe Maroon if STL eats enough?

I dont know that i see anyone coming off the big league roster in a trade

I don't know if that's necessarily set in stone.

If they can kick the can down the road for another 2-3 years by signing him to a bridge deal this summer, then by the time that contract's up, the combination of the cap ceiling continuing to raise and other players getting trimmed off our salary cap might allow us to keep him for the long haul.

It's Andreas Johnsson that I think might be in more imminent danger of getting moved, though probably not in-season this year.

He's like your only good LW

Maybe we get another buy low opportunity with Murray. It was him that handed over the young Gardiner for Beauchemin, wasn't it? Different situation obviously but it could well be that Randy is the root of Manson's stalled development.

That said, no way in hell do you cough up a guy like Kapanen for a player like this. This is a discount opportunity. Bracco+ might do the trick.
Randy is singularly awful at developing young defensemen, which is kind of amazing for a guy who won a Norris trophy.

Manson's not exactly a young and still-developing kid anymore though. He's 27 years old.

And if you're bringing in Manson, you'd also need to find a way to shed Nikita Zaitsev's deal to make room.

Dubas will need to look at the long term cost of signing mango and kappy. In an ideal world we can keep both but have to be careful what you spend on your 6th and 7th forwards.

Randy is singularly awful at developing young defensemen, which is kind of amazing for a guy who won a Norris trophy.

Manson's not exactly a young and still-developing kid anymore though. He's 27 years old.

And if you're bringing in Manson, you'd also need to find a way to shed Nikita Zaitsev's deal to make room.

Bracco + Zaitsev ... problem solved!

Back