• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

Last 2yrs, Regular Season And Playoffs

Andersen v BOS: 6-6-0, .896sv%
Backups v BOS: 1-1-0, .900sv%

It's a testament to this Leafs team that they've managed to go .500 against Boston with goaltending that poor.

Top-10 PPG, sorted with even strength linemates who are also top-20 in ppg:

1.Kucherov 1.64 --- 6.Point 1.36
2.Rantanen 1.55 --- 4.MacKinnon 1.50 ---- 20.Landeskog 1.16
3.McDavid 1.53 ---- 14.Draisaitl 1.23
5.Gaudreau 1.46 --- 16.Monahan 1.20
7.Bergeron 1.36 ---- 18.Pastrnak 1.18
8.Matthews 1.34
9.Marner 1.33 ---- 19.Tavares 1.16
10.Crosby 1.32

Only Matthews and Crosby are doing it alone.

Last edited:
Moore signed a two year one way extension

Trevor Moore’s two-year contract extension carries an average annual value of $775,000 ($750,000 in 2019-20, $800,000 in 2020-21). #LeafsForever https://t.co/odDiI6ia4F

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Nice signing. Useful depth pieces making close to the NHL minimum will be worth their weight in gold to this team over the next few years. It's also risk-free from the Leaf side, because he's still making a small enough salary that you could bury all of it in the minors if he doesn't pan out when given a longer look.

From Moore's side, he's guaranteed himself NHL money for the next two years, and pretty much guaranteed that he'll be given every opportunity to stick in the NHL full-time over the next couple of years.

Just going to throw this out here that this year has to be Zaitsev's last as a leaf, right? If Marner really gets 10 mil and Matthews, 12, I would think Zaitsev would have to be a goner right?

More reason to throw liljegren in some NHL games this year. They absolutely need to see what they have so that they can be comfortable not having to replace Zaitsev in the summer.

Does Lilly playing in games this year have any impact on his Seattle expansion draft protection list eligibility thingy?

too bad he's not lucking into more points. because he's not playing awful otherwise.

but yeah it would probably make sense to go with a Rielly/Lilly/Ozzy right side, and a Jake/Dermott/Sandin left side going forward.

No one is going to reach for Zaitsev unless you give them some nice enticements. He is the nastiest dman we have though, so you gotta pray he re-develops some hockey sense and confidence.

Freddy activated from IR, Hutch back to the Marlies. Guessing that means Sparky is ready too. Expect to see Fred back in net tonight. Nice little midseason break for him.

You heard it here first. Dubas is corp. He is going to deliver a team that can compete, just as the Caps.
\
Nothing more nothing less and he is going to be paid huge for doing it.

Get used to it.

Its not really all that bad, my suggestion? Don't watch till the playoffs, I know I won't.

Draglikepull
It has now been 423 days since Nikita Zaitsev picked up a primary assist. That's 94 consecutive regular season + playoff games.

The guy plays 20 minutes a game with good players. can't even accidentally make a pass.

I was willing to give Zaitsev another shot this year, and man has he not gotten the job done. That’s a contract that Dubas needs to get rid of somehow. Our D core is going to look vastly different next year with Gardiner and Hainsey likely gone and hoping for Zaitsev replacement

Draglikepull
It has now been 423 days since Nikita Zaitsev picked up a primary assist. That's 94 consecutive regular season + playoff games.

The guy plays 20 minutes a game with good players. can't even accidentally make a pass.
Not only that, but Zaitsev is on pace to about a 5 points season. This is pretty amazing considering he plays on 1 of the most offensive teams in the modern days NHL.

Never has a dman played 20+ min a game and end up with < 10 points in the cap era. The last time it happened was almost 20 years ago in the "trap" era.

To me, the onus is on the coach as much as it is on Zaitsev. How do you play a guy that offensively challenged THAT much in this day and age??!

too bad he's not lucking into more points. because he's not playing awful otherwise.

but yeah it would probably make sense to go with a Rielly/Lilly/Ozzy right side, and a Jake/Dermott/Sandin left side going forward.
1. Zaitsev will not be easy to rid, and if we can't get rid of him we'll have to hide him (and his $4.5M contract) on our 3rd unit.

2. No sign suggests Liljegren or Sandin are going to be ready for the NHL next season, never mind this season. If they are dominating in the AHL it's one thing, but they are not. And this organization has not rushed young dmen under current regime.

3. I don't see how we can bring Jake back, given the contract demand of Marner and Matthews this summer (not to mention Kapanen). This is where Zaitsev's contract will really bite us in the butt because that $4.5M can easily go towards helping keep Gardiner in the fold. Unless we can somehow get someone to take Zaitsev's contract, I'd say Jake is good as gone.

Hey Lou, it's only fair you take the bad contract off our hands since you are the one who signed him .... right? :)

Back