• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

giphy.gif

If willy can handle C then you have the chance to move kadri to the wing. C depth is still elite but now instead of being stacked on the right wing you have kadri and Johansson on the left with marner and kapanen on the right.

If willy can handle C then you have the chance to move kadri to the wing. C depth is still elite but now instead of being stacked on the right wing you have kadri and Johansson on the left with marner and kapanen on the right.

This is all predicated on Hyman moving down the lineup to make room for Kadri as LW1 and Johnson as LW2. I've seen nothing to suggest Babcock has any idea what he's doing is incorrect. In fact any time he alters from his vision by even a hair and something goes arry he reverts to his safe space of mucker with skill and long stick D standing in the right spots.

I get the idea of Dubas taking away his toys in theory, but if this city has seen anything with asking a coach to coach differently ( Casey) it's doomed to fail. And Babcock has a bigger pedigree and likely a bigger ego then Casey could ever have.

This is all predicated on Hyman moving down the lineup to make room for Kadri as LW1 and Johnson as LW2. I've seen nothing to suggest Babcock has any idea what he's doing is incorrect. In fact any time he alters from his vision by even a hair and something goes arry he reverts to his safe space of mucker with skill and long stick D standing in the right spots.

I get the idea of Dubas taking away his toys in theory, but if this city has seen anything with asking a coach to coach differently ( Casey) it's doomed to fail. And Babcock has a bigger pedigree and likely a bigger ego then Casey could ever have.

Are you a leafs fan again? I mean, we all pretty much assume that by now right? Like an unspoken obvious thing?

Hyman doesnt need to move down for this to happen.

Kadri-matthews-kapanen
Hyman-tavares-marner
Johansson-nylander-moore
Marleau-goat-brown

I received some bad news last night. Not as bad as Floydian dying but pretty darn bad. And yeah< I still stand by saying the Leafs are coached by a guy out of the 1980's.

The Zekes and Me's of this current world must be more staggered than I am.

I love the NHL now. Its everything I wanted and we possess as much talent as any team in the NHL or more and we are coached by a moron. Pinch, me. Please.

Imagine Pat Burns with this talent. Or Quinn. They probably wouldn't sleep at night.

Hyman doesnt need to move down for this to happen.

Kadri-matthews-kapanen
Hyman-tavares-marner
Johansson-nylander-moore
Marleau-goat-brown

I’d like to see Kadri back with Marner (on the LW of Tavares). They had good chemistry together. In that scenario Hyman moves down and AJ sticks with Matthews.

How do we like Colin Miller as a defender? RHD 26 years old. 3 x 3.875. He's been scratched 2 games in a row. I was reading he's had a tough year. I recall we were rumored to be interested in him prior to the expansion draft.

How do we like Colin Miller as a defender? RHD 26 years old. 3 x 3.875. He's been scratched 2 games in a row. I was reading he's had a tough year. I recall we were rumored to be interested in him prior to the expansion draft.

Babcock would hate him so much. I would love him so much. He's basically a poor man's RHD version of Jake, but faster and with a ****ing bomb of a shot. Legit cruise missile shit.

As with any move of ours right now, the tough part is cap space. Unless we have numbers on Kappy and Johnsson extensions that are lower than the numbers I've played with here, even moving Miller for Zaitsev and punting on Marleau would leave us over the cap next season.

Colin Miller is yet another classic example of analytics folks geeking out on guys putting up good numbers in super soft usage.

They went nuts over him last year, saying he was the knights' best dman without realizing he was the most sheltered dman on the team, while it was schmidt and his ugly possession numbers in elite usage that was the key.

Colin Miller is yet another classic example of analytics folks geeking out on guys putting up good numbers in super soft usage.

They went nuts over him last year, saying he was the knights' best dman without realizing he was the most sheltered dman on the team, while it was schmidt and his ugly possession numbers in elite usage that was the key.

+1

Miller looks to be a good #4 though.

Its a tough needle to thread to get a D that helps, works financially and babcock likes enough where he'd actually use him.

In man scenarios if a new guy is brought in and Dermott sits the team ends up worse.

Back