• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

the caps' and Bruins' elite players got approx 15% more ice time than the leafs elite players did in the playoffs.

we lost in the 3rd period of game 7 (<5% of the periods) both times.

Hence "history aside"......but Ovie playing 15% more than rookies AM/MM, I'm not necessarily gonna cry over either. Or the Bruins playing the sh*t out of their one line, as they should.

If it repeats itself this year in the playoffs?....it's obviously inexcusable.

I ain't crying about it in December tho.....I want them all healthy and fresh come playoff time.

I really do keep wondering if Babs is just doing his part to somewhat aid contract negotiations to the extent he can do so and still win.

I wouldn’t be surprised if as soon as Matty, Mitch, Kappy and Dermott are all extended they get a nice boost in playing time.

It’s also a nice carrot to dangle in negotiations to say that we’re going to address your TOI concerns and play you more. Even though they were going to anyway.

I don't know if that's his intent per se.....but it's definitely a beneficial byproduct.

[Evenly weighted ice time] is a benefit long-term because it is such a long season and you don’t have to rely on one or two guys to carry your team. As February, March and April come along, when it becomes more exhausting and the schedule becomes more gruelling, it’s easier to have that depth,” Kadri reasoned.

“Coming into playoffs, you want guys to be healthy and energized, so spreading out ice time is a way to do that, especially early on in the year.”

More I read the more I want to be the one that starts the "Fire Babcock" thread

I really think everything is going on the right direction, and management is getting it right as a group effort.

For instance, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dubas isn’t a huge Hyman or Brown fan, but Babs is and I think those are important guys to have. At the same time, I think Hainsey hurts us just like Leo and Polak did, and I fully expect Ron to be gone at the end of the year and replaced with a better fit that Dubas likes.

I think it’ll all end up through these checks and balances in getting us to a Cup. That’s why I have no problem with Babs or Dubas or really anything either has done so far. I think we’ve taken the ideal path.

I don't know if that's his intent per se.....but it's definitely a beneficial byproduct.

Agreed. But I do think it’s some mixture of plan and inadvertence.

For one thing, I can’t see any other reason in the world for Kapanen to not be on the PP. It’s absolutely impossible for Babs to believe that Ennis is better to have on the PP. Impossible. So what other reason could it be? I mean, if Kappy has 18-20 goals right now, I think we’d all agree it’d be out of the realm of possibility to extend him. But right now? Definitely doable.

It's weird, when this all started I never thought Babcock would be taking heat like this, but rather that we'd have our usual Maple Leaf problem -- lack of elite talent.

Funny that it's turned out the other way around. Tons of talent, but the supposed top coach in the game can't seem to make use of it that makes sense.

It’s not like we’re sitting outside of a playoff spot or anything. Patience. We’re 30 games in, without two of our top players for big chunks of the season.

It's weird, when this all started I never thought Babcock would be taking heat like this, but rather that we'd have our usual Maple Leaf problem -- lack of elite talent.

Funny that it's turned out the other way around. Tons of talent, but the supposed top coach in the game can't seem to make use of it that makes sense.

Yep, it's all been upside down from early expectations.

[Evenly weighted ice time] is a benefit long-term because it is such a long season and you don’t have to rely on one or two guys to carry your team. As February, March and April come along, when it becomes more exhausting and the schedule becomes more gruelling, it’s easier to have that depth,” Kadri reasoned.

“Coming into playoffs, you want guys to be healthy and energized, so spreading out ice time is a way to do that, especially early on in the year.”

I agree with this. Paul Marner might not like how it affects his kid's future earnings, but it does have serious benefits to be able to pace guys out over the marathon.

True. But we have been missing two of our biggest contributors.

And we’ve taken a hit the past week where Matthews honestly looks hurt to me. I was thinking back, didn’t someone run him into the boards shoulder first like three games ago? I swear I think he ****ed it up again.

I agree with this. Paul Marner might not like how it affects his kid's future earnings, but it does have serious benefits to be able to pace guys out over the marathon.

These guys are out of their minds.

How can they not be ecstatic to have their 21 year old playing a top role for the first legit competitive Leafs team in ages and going to make like $9m or whatever per year? If Arizona has drafted Marner instead of Strome, wouldn’t the Marners happily turn down a long term deal of $11m or $12m from the Coyotes to play for the Leafs at $9m?

True. But we have been missing two of our biggest contributors.

And we’ve taken a hit the past week where Matthews honestly looks hurt to me. I was thinking back, didn’t someone run him into the boards shoulder first like three games ago? I swear I think he ****ed it up again.

It may have even been head first. Good point. He may well have been re-injured there. I can't recall who did it or which game but it was nasty (and penalty-free, of course).

These guys are out of their minds.

How can they not be ecstatic to have their 21 year old playing a top role for the first legit competitive Leafs team in ages and going to make like $9m or whatever per year? If Arizona has drafted Marner instead of Strome, wouldn’t the Marners happily turn down a long term deal of $11m or $12m from the Coyotes to play for the Leafs at $9m?

It floors me this guy could be so tone deaf...

[video=youtube_share;OY-C2-uatyE]https://youtu.be/OY-C2-uatyE[/video]

*clears throat*

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck......Paul Marner."

Gotta trade Matthews. Hate to sound like Noah here, but gotta get rid of this guy. He is our new Gary Nylund. Get a semi Lindros bag of pucks for this guy. Kids shoulders are done.

Get rid of Nylander too, he has cost the team all chemistry.

Get younger, get ELC er richer. Its a cap world.

Gotta trade Matthews. Hate to sound like Noah here, but gotta get rid of this guy. He is our new Gary Nylund. Get a semi Lindros bag of pucks for this guy. Kids shoulders are done.

Get rid of Nylander too, he has cost the team all chemistry.

Get younger, get ELC er richer. Its a cap world.

Literally the worst ever.

He ended up deleting his Twitter account last night

Probably best for everyone involved

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Back