• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

I hate being right on this.

I am meeting my guy today, but what he said over the phone made me sick. There is a reason Shanahan said what he said. There is a very good chance we have seen the last of frilly willy.

The guy literally is the god of the zone entry. Losing him will suck.

I hate being right on this.

I am meeting my guy today, but what he said over the phone made me sick. There is a reason Shanahan said what he said. There is a very good chance we have seen the last of frilly willy.

The guy literally is the god of the zone entry. Losing him will suck.

You know this is all just a game right?

Working with agent Lewis Gross, Nylander is also represented by his father Michael — a former NHL player himself who earned over $35 million during his 15-year NHL career.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carols...ar-season-less-than-1-week-away/#3052f8652878

• Hockey Central’s Doug MacLean sees the hand of Michael Nylander behind the holdout of his son William; he’s done business with agent Lewis Gross but says Michael Nylander “could be a handful.” #sinsofthefather

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carols...ar-season-less-than-1-week-away/#3052f8652878

I will say this. I like Nylander a lot. I sort of applaud him taking on the MLSE beast. I have been close to MLSE on a couple of occasions, they are arrogant and nauseating and they have won absolutely nothing since 1967.

I am pretty sure they trade this kid, cause his dad has offended them. I am pretty sure Shanahan didn't want to say what he did, but that fuggin Tanenbaum can be pretty cantankerous when he gets going.

And Tanenbaum now that he sees terminality suddenly wants to win after collecting bazillions in profits from his no try stance for a couple of decades.

MLSE is still in its infancy from being valid. Its been a total joke for decades. I, for one, feel sorry for John Tavares. He might still hear a bellow of laughter from Ballard here and there.

I taught Tanenbaum's son, lovely kid. nothing like the old man at all.

No way Shanahan said that on his own. He was oredered to. The bricks are crumbling and it smells of that old skunk Tanenbaum.

As for Nylander? If he is traded I sure will miss watching him play. I loved Kessel too. I am a sucker for big time talent.

Last edited:
If we've learned anything - we should know that Shanahan would quit the job before being ordered to do anything.

I do think his remarks were calculated, and that between he and Dubas have been working this campaign of "buying in to the program".

No one here has met Tanenbaum. I have and have taught his son. Whole new layer to the puzzle of MLSE... He is coming undone. He cannot deal with Micheal Nylander. And I love it. Micheal Nylander hates the NHL beast and Willy is following his dad's lead. I hate it it for us. but I love what Micheal is doing. its sorta cool.

I called it, and thank god none of you have said I didn't. This is right up there with my Luke schenn calls and Ryan O'Reilly calls.

I called out two days ago on my free site to short every stock in the world and I think that went well.

Don't make a lot of calls. But make them BIG and RIGHT.

Micheal Nylander is taking on MLSE. I sorta like it. And Tanenbaum has Shanahan issuing threats. Its great. Lets see where this goes. Its more exciting than the first 50 games of meaningless hockey isn't it?

Last edited:
The only verifiable claim you've made that is correct was anticipated by many -- Nylander's negotiations might drag into the season.

l.

I called it, and thank god none of you have said I didn't. This is right up there with my Luke schenn calls and Ryan O'Reilly calls.

I called out two days ago on my free site to short every stock in the world and I think that went well.

Don't make a lot of calls. But make them BIG and RIGHT.

Maybe a bunch of people have you on ignore?

Luke Schenn will be out of the NHL in 2 years.

8 years later, Luke Schenn is still in the NHL

Call of the ****ing century.

I'm not sure I get the fixation with making calls. Who gives a poop if you, me or anyone else makes a right or wrong call?

He's been pretty ok on thigh strength, his Bioshield could have revolutionized air purity and he called people being androids. Oh, and he was on about Tappo's.
Not sure on this Nylander thing but I'd rather find a way of mollifying Michael, thus Willy, at least for a short while.

Meanwhile though, Ottawa is playing Borowiecki and Ceci 20+ minutes a game so don't tell me we can't paste these insipid malcontents something fierce.

Was right on Schenn, was right on this. But unlike Schenn, I love this hockey player. Lets all admit, we al miss Willy. He is a great. .

But he hates Babcock, his dad hates Badcock, and so do I.... Thank god someone stands up to this goof.

I want Willy, but Badcock will probably drive this great player out of Leafland. And we can welcome Sheldon Keefe out of all this quagmire.

Back