• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

This team is going to improve a shit ton as soon as Zaitsev is gone and replaced with a guy that doesn't fire rocket launchers at people's shins. That's a huge addition by subtraction. Huge. Having five of their six d capable of making a two foot pass in stride would do wonders for a team with incredible talent up front.

Yeah, replace Zaitsev & Hainsey with guys who can just make clean zone exits from the right side....and we're the best team in the league.

Dermott - Rielly
Sandin - Liljegren
Rosen - Ozhiganov
(Marincin - Holl)
(Borgman - Durzi)

if we can fit in a Gardiner or Pietrangelo or something on top of that, it would be nice, but I'm not sure Dubas is super-stressed about needing to do that.

Do you know off hand, a ballpark of how many CF shots total occur per 60 for a top pair Dman?

I heard that playing on your offside is worth ~6 shots per 60 the other way.....just how significant/insignificant is that?

Do you know off hand, a ballpark of how many CF shots total occur per 60 for a top pair Dman?

I heard that playing on your offside is worth ~6 shots per 60 the other way.....just how significant/insignificant is that?

don't know precisely but 6 shots per 60 seems pretty significant.

Watching his presser now. He brought up the d moving up the puck thing multiple times. That seems to be the main and maybe only thing he's looking to improve. I ****ing love that.

I think on average it's like 1 corsi against per minute or roundabouts.

so 6 per 60 is in the 10% difference range.

Love his answer about offer sheets too. Called out the media for making it seem like they're the only team with rfas in the league.

And the physicality/size answer was beautiful too. Man I want him inside of me.

Love his answer about offer sheets too. Called out the media for making it seem like they're the only team with rfas in the league.

And the physicality/size answer was beautiful too. Man I want him inside of me.

He recently said this was the best book he read this year....

81ydhsba2KL.jpg

.....if like me, you want to share bedtime reading material with him.

So happy we don't live in the alternate universe where Hunter got the job.

Interesting thought, I wonder what Hunter would have signed Willy for?

If Cherry is the definition of old-school thinking, he's said on air that $7mil is too much for a "20 goal scorer".

So happy we don't live in the alternate universe where Hunter got the job.

Hahahahah good one. I do think he pulled a fast one with Nylander with MLSE cash. When does he trade him though, not IF, but when. Kids is dirt cheap now. Got the big cap hit, but he is dirt cheap in terms of yearly salary.

He has to be careful on this one though.

Cherry is way past old school, but he is still smart in many ways.

Looking back at the Super Schedule, it's been a pretty tough road-trip in terms of points, and Andersen's numbers have taken a real slip.

I heard that he's been a headcase for management since marner was drafted. Didn't know any specifics till now. Crazy. He's the most unbearable kind of sport parent.

Back