• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

I'm kinda with Leafgm on this. If we're going to pick up a dman, just pay the extra price and get a righty. If we trade for Muzzin, our 4 best dmen are all lefties.

Lefty or righty. Who cares as long as the guy is good.

Babcock won a cup with the wings and had majority 3 /4 being LHD. Having a Lidstrom helps.

I hate that I think this way but I'm hoping marner does PPG or worse for the rest of the year. Imo that's pretty likely considering things already have and will only tighten up even more as the year goes on. This will put him decently below 100 points and potentially outside the top ten in points. I don't think he can request more than 10 mil if that's the case. And if Matthews ends the season at a similar pace how much can he really ask for? I'd say 11, factoring in the positional importance. I hate doing this and I won't necessarily cheer against them, but if they get 10 and 11 mil respectively as opposed to the 14 and 12 million numbers that have been floated around (unrealistically, but still) that's kind of huge. And frankly, fair. Marner is probably a 10 million dollar player and Matthews is probably an 11 million dollar player.

Auston - 11
Tavares - 11
Marner - 10
Nylander - 7

This all seems fine to me. Next year is tight because of marleau but after that with the cap rising, we'll be laughing at all of those deals. I'd argue that their real window begins once those contracts look like bargains two or three years into the deals. Just have to hope tavares holds up.

How do you guys feel about Michael Ferland as a rental?

For the right price, okay, but I sense a problem. Babcock isn't pushing Hyman down the lineup for him, and he's not pushing Marleau down the lineup for him. So where does he play? He ends up pushing Johnsson down the lineup and I'm not remotely convinced that he's better than Johnsson. If you could guarantee me that it meant Marleau to the 4th line, or Hyman off of a skill line, sign me up at the right price.

For the right price, okay, but I sense a problem. Babcock isn't pushing Hyman down the lineup for him, and he's not pushing Marleau down the lineup for him. So where does he play? He ends up pushing Johnsson down the lineup and I'm not remotely convinced that he's better than Johnsson. If you could guarantee me that it meant Marleau to the 4th line, or Hyman off of a skill line, sign me up at the right price.

Doesn't he do similar things to Hyman, but with, uh, skill?

You would hope Babcock would notice that. I also think he brings an element that the Leafs lack and some fans think Wayne Simmonds still brings.

Kypreos and underbite say that kappy and sandin are not for sale. Mentioned that Lilly can be moved for the right piece but the price is high for most d. They said that it's possible they look at alternatives like muzzin and gudas. Leafs fans would love gudas and hate muzzin. Which of course means muzzin is light years better. But prepare for mistakes if they get him. He's got some Gardiner in him.

Last edited:
Get both...LAK would probably be happy to take zaitsev in a muzzin deal. Gudas is probably better than Ron and definitely better than zaitsev and ozzy.

Johnsson - Papi - Brown
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Kapanen
Lindholm - Gauthier - Nylander

I guess Brown really has earned that first line promotion

Back