Page 3 of 228 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 4542

Thread: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Wow, KT you kow about bioshields... Cool...

    You are definitely government.

    What do I love about this Nylander development? Its going to accelerate the firing of Boobcock.

    Mike Walton says hello Boobcock. Shakey? No, he aint that shakey.

    Mike Walton, Stanley Cup winner says hello Mikey.

    Boobcock has to go.... This team goes nowhere with this goof in charge.
    Last edited by Iknowenuff; 10-05-2018 at 02:53 AM.

  2. #42
    resurrected BeLeafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    52,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Wondering if there's any possibility of the Leafs making a move on Parinin. Saw something on twitter today suggesting the Leafs take a rental stab at him. Not too keen on giving up futures for a one time run with a guy.

    Thinking though with Marleau coming off the books in two years, there may be a way to swing it. It would likely, however, require putting one of the big three on a bridge deal.
    #freesheldon

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    And of course McBackup stands on his head and wins a game for Carolina. I am not starting something here, but I DID predict, this would be an odd season for the Leafs. And that we might miss the playoffs. Because we do, have the worst coach in the NHl, behind the bench. Things change fast in this quick paced world and yeah, Boobcock, is the worst coach in the NHl.

    Willy, I love ya. keep hanging out in Sweden, no rush kid, the lousy coach is still there.

    I love McBaCKUP. How do you run a guy like that, who did what he did for us, out of town? How?

    I may have to do something I haven't done since Doug Gilmour and get a McBackup sweater. Jeez, losing that guy might start another 50 year curse. I mean, seriously? Putting him on waivers? Who does that? Asset management? Buzz off.

    Asset management? Trade JVR and Bozak at the trade deadline then. Still retarded management. Its all on Tanenbaum btw. Greedy pig.

    Congratulations btw to everyone who like me, sat nervously with six figure option put positions and made historic gains.

    Its tough being a bear in this bullish crap world. We did it. And we will do it again, when the opp provides itself.
    Last edited by Iknowenuff; 10-06-2018 at 03:03 AM.

  4. #44
    Legend MapleLeafBlueJayBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    47,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    #FreeVladdy

  5. #45
    Legend leaffan2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    23,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    I mean somebody has to say it.

    Get help teeds, seriously.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    25,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    I gave up, put him back on ignore...I don't see how he brings anything to the table here.

  7. #47
    Legend Killer93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bowmanville, Ontario
    Posts
    8,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    #firebabcock #teamkeefe

  8. #48
    Prospect No67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedsblue&white View Post
    I gave up, put him back on ignore...I don't see how he brings anything to the table here.
    Judging by his Michael Nylander call, he does bring inside information
    Last edited by No67; 10-06-2018 at 09:48 AM.

  9. #49
    Legend JackBurton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    39,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Iknowenuff View Post
    And of course McBackup stands on his head and wins a game for Carolina. I am not starting something here, but I DID predict, this would be an odd season for the Leafs. And that we might miss the playoffs. Because we do, have the worst coach in the NHl, behind the bench. Things change fast in this quick paced world and yeah, Boobcock, is the worst coach in the NHl.

    Willy, I love ya. keep hanging out in Sweden, no rush kid, the lousy coach is still there.

    I love McBaCKUP. How do you run a guy like that, who did what he did for us, out of town? How?

    I may have to do something I haven't done since Doug Gilmour and get a McBackup sweater. Jeez, losing that guy might start another 50 year curse. I mean, seriously? Putting him on waivers? Who does that? Asset management? Buzz off.

    Asset management? Trade JVR and Bozak at the trade deadline then. Still retarded management. Its all on Tanenbaum btw. Greedy pig.

    Congratulations btw to everyone who like me, sat nervously with six figure option put positions and made historic gains.

    Its tough being a bear in this bullish crap world. We did it. And we will do it again, when the opp provides itself.
    You are almost hinting you are right. They are 1-0-0 after 1 game in an 82 games season.
    This team has no chance of missing the playoffs.

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    25,030
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by No67 View Post
    Judging by his Michael Nylander call, he does bring inside information
    That's a joke smilie yeah?...cause Michael Nylander was no secret, if you read a paper or listen to sports radio you would have known about his dad.

  11. #51
    Legend Artnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    River City
    Posts
    28,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Or followed his contract negotiation history

    The Oilers/Caps debacle was enough to tell you what kind of guy he is

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  12. #52
    Legend Volcanologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sector 7-G
    Posts
    30,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    can we stop quoting the lunatic? kind of renders the ignore function useless.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Matthews has a weird/slow release
    I stand by him having an odd release. He has turned that into an incredible strength which I did not anticipate. I just expected it to not hold him back, wasn't confident it would be a strength. And he works at changing that release every off-season.

    Impressive.

    His next step (and it's something we haven't seen since early last year really) is to be a dominant possession guy. Too many games where you wonder where he is. The good news is he'll still pop a couple goals even when he's invisible because he's such a one shot threat. But he can and will be better. He has an anchor on his line in Ennis and an aging vet.. so he's really not getting much help there.

    Based on playing styles and how they match with the leafs centers I'd go with:

    Marleau-matty-kap
    Leivo-tavares-marner (Leivo and tavares will work great together much like tavares worked great with vanek. Leivo is a poor man's vanek)
    Hyman-kadri-brown (there's your shutdown line Babs)
    Johnny-lindy-ennis

    When nylander is back, throw him with Matty and kappy with nazzy. Drop brown to the fourth line, replacing Ennis.

    Now that's a near flawless forward group.

  14. #54
    Legend Volcanologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sector 7-G
    Posts
    30,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    it's impressive that Matthews was able to overcome an odd release that didn't exist except in your head.

    you still can't admit you're wrong, it's adorable.
    "...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

  15. #55
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Babcock View Post
    I stand by him having an odd release. He has turned that into an incredible strength which I did not anticipate. I just expected it to not hold him back, wasn't confident it would be a strength. And he works at changing that release every off-season.

    Impressive.

    His next step (and it's something we haven't seen since early last year really) is to be a dominant possession guy. Too many games where you wonder where he is. The good news is he'll still pop a couple goals even when he's invisible because he's such a one shot threat. But he can and will be better. He has an anchor on his line in Ennis and an aging vet.. so he's really not getting much help there.
    Just stop.

  16. #56
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Babcock View Post
    I stand by him having an odd release. He has turned that into an incredible strength which I did not anticipate. I just expected it to not hold him back, wasn't confident it would be a strength. And he works at changing that release every off-season.

    Impressive.

    His next step (and it's something we haven't seen since early last year really) is to be a dominant possession guy. Too many games where you wonder where he is. The good news is he'll still pop a couple goals even when he's invisible because he's such a one shot threat. But he can and will be better. He has an anchor on his line in Ennis and an aging vet.. so he's really not getting much help there.
    Just stop.

  17. #57
    Legend Artnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    River City
    Posts
    28,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Babcock View Post
    I stand by him having an odd release. He has turned that into an incredible strength which I did not anticipate. I just expected it to not hold him back, wasn't confident it would be a strength. And he works at changing that release every off-season.

    Impressive.

    His next step (and it's something we haven't seen since early last year really) is to be a dominant possession guy. Too many games where you wonder where he is. The good news is he'll still pop a couple goals even when he's invisible because he's such a one shot threat. But he can and will be better. He has an anchor on his line in Ennis and an aging vet.. so he's really not getting much help there.

    Based on playing styles and how they match with the leafs centers I'd go with:

    Marleau-matty-kap
    Leivo-tavares-marner (Leivo and tavares will work great together much like tavares worked great with vanek. Leivo is a poor man's vanek)
    Hyman-kadri-brown (there's your shutdown line Babs)
    Johnny-lindy-ennis

    When nylander is back, throw him with Matty and kappy with nazzy. Drop brown to the fourth line, replacing Ennis.

    Now that's a near flawless forward group.
    .

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  18. #58
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    78,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    I stand by him having an odd release.
    You're calling it an odd release, when it's a technically perfect release. Hands out in front, incredible weight transfer onto the stick. What you're not getting is that because of the flex in the new sticks, the Wendel Clark/Mark Messier wrist shot with the long load period (to flex a heavy wood stick, or even the early aluminums, you needed your hands deeper into your body, at the hips to generate enough force to get good whip) is long gone man.

    Matthews shot is incredible, his release is otherworldly.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    Matthews is absolute ****ing garbage

  20. #60
    Wayward Ditch Pig MindzEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Dirty North
    Posts
    78,967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Page 3 of 228 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •