• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Fleury had the least amount of ice time last night-- just a bit more that 7 minutes, 2nd only to McKegg-- and no special teams time. I think RBA knows what he has in Fleury. Slavin was the only D-man without a SOG

On Slavin ... that's because his partner was playing like a hyperactive 10 year old who had pounded 5 espressos. Seriously, Dougie took all the shots. There were none left.

On Fluery ... I thought he actually looked OK, but Brindy shortened up the bench in the 3rd. Toronto's a bad matchup for a kid on D who really struggles to maintain position against fast guys along the wall. Toronto has nothing but those guys, and that's a big chunk of their attack.

Ticket promo (from the Canes FB page) for anyone wanting to add tix for tomorrow's game... $25 upper and $50 lower, looks like pretty much anywhere except dead center ice 104 and 119.. beats even the monthly STM appreciation game prices, which I just used yesterday to pick up a couple extra at $60.

https://hurricanes.spinzo.com/pack-...4-CADCQ?group=playoff-push-vs-new-jersey-9jmt

I also used that STM pricing to get tickets for a few friends a couple of days ago. Guess who isn't all that thrilled to be undercut by the club yet again? Guess who's ticket rep is sick to death of me being sick to death of this crap? Yup.

Side note ... I'll bet $50 I end up with a new rep next year. Greg's had it up to here with me.

Here is today's useless stat:

What are those numbers? Dougie Hamilton's goals scored each season of his NHL career. I didn't sort those, he has actually improved on his goals scored number every season of his career. If you had asked me if that streak would continue before this season started I would have guessed no. If you offered me a bet on Jan 1, 2019 that he would continue the streak I would have certainly taken that bet against him (he had scored 3 goals at that point).

He cannot possibly extend this streak again next season...or can he?

Last edited:
Ticket promo (from the Canes FB page) for anyone wanting to add tix for tomorrow's game... $25 upper and $50 lower, looks like pretty much anywhere except dead center ice 104 and 119.. beats even the monthly STM appreciation game prices, which I just used yesterday to pick up a couple extra at $60.

https://hurricanes.spinzo.com/pack-...4-CADCQ?group=playoff-push-vs-new-jersey-9jmt

Quick question for you Season Ticket holder folks, have they announced yet when they may start selling single game playoff tickets? I know you guys buy the strips for the playoffs, but when will they start selling single game tickets?

Playoff tix for the first round have been on sale to the general public since Tuesday. There isn't much left. Resale ask prices look steep so far.

He cannot possibly extend this streak again next season...or can he?

I'd say that Dougie absolutely has 20 goals in him. He managed 18 (so far) this season despite a REALLY slow start, a wrist/hand injury AND being stuck on a largely lifeless 2nd power play unit. A little bit of luck and a better start and he's probably got the potential for 25 without actually getting better.

Justin Williams is your Steve Chiasson Award winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Centennial Authority approved a new Daktonics Jumbotron for PNC Arena. The plan is to have it installed by August.

https://twitter.com/ice_chip/status/1113848113339482112?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that's good. It's what Dundon wanted, at least. My exposure to the new generation of video boards is mixed at best. The one in Charlotte, for example, is sort of good and bad at the same time. The HD picture on the screen is great, but the graphics packages (stats and general text data) on those things generally suck on toast.

I guess that's good. It's what Dundon wanted, at least. My exposure to the new generation of video boards is mixed at best. The one in Charlotte, for example, is sort of good and bad at the same time. The HD picture on the screen is great, but the graphics packages (stats and general text data) on those things generally suck on toast.

Well, I sure hope this new one will be a great improvement over the one we have now. I can never read the smaller text on the screen, so a lot of the in-house promotional/fluff stuff is lost on me (especially when the sound system is so bad). Maybe they'll learn from what's in Charlotte - I sure hope so.

Well, I sure hope this new one will be a great improvement over the one we have now. I can never read the smaller text on the screen, so a lot of the in-house promotional/fluff stuff is lost on me (especially when the sound system is so bad). Maybe they'll learn from what's in Charlotte - I sure hope so.

If it’s anything like what they put in MSG a few years ago, we’ll all be very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't really have an issue with the one they have now. Shows the score and clock and a stat or two, and generally a replay when I look up to catch one.

If it’s anything like what they put in MSG a few years ago, we’ll all be very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IIRC it's supposed to be a slightly bigger version of the one in Charlotte, which is the same basic setup that they have in MSG. The one in Charlotte was added ahead of the NBA All Star game and installed last summer/fall.

Faulk's 10th of the season... first time 2 Canes defensemen have hit double digit goals since 08-09 (Babchuk and Corvo)

Before that it was Hill and Coffey in 99-00.

Last edited:
Back