• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

I believe Pierre McPlankton is from StormChaserBH-- Bill?

Hmmm, nope... I'm sure I would have joined in on the fun, but I was never enough of a SpongeBob fan to come up with that. Seen it in quite a few places though, viral does as viral is, I suppose.

The Plankton references have been all over the Internet for more than a decade. I love you guys, but no one here can rightfully take credit for coming up with the idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bishop is out of the yellow jersey at practice. McElhinney and Staal not on the ice. If Bishop is healthy, McKegg has to go back to Charlotte (at least on paper) since he was an emergency recall. But they could send him back and do a regular recall and send Bishop down if they wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect they will just send McKegg down and roll with Bishop for now, but I'm usually wrong....

Yeah, same. McKegg has been fine, but since the initial burst he's settled in to giving basically the same thing Bishop offers. We'll see.

McElhinney is dealing with a knee problem. We may see Ned for Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarification on Bishop ... still not cleared after full practice, but he's close.

Staal ... not ready "anytime soon"

Neds was called up and will likely be manning the door tonight for the Canes as McElhinney deals with a flare up of his knee issue. The Checkers play at home Sat/Sun. My guess would be that if McElhinney is uncertain for the road trip coming up (they play at Edmonton on Sunday which likely means they are flying out tomorrow), Neds would be sent back down after the game tonight and Scott Darling would be brought on the trip. This 3 game roadie includes back to backs next Tue and Wed. Hopefully McElhinney is able to heal up by then....

The burden that is Darling. I sure wish he would have panned out. Management and Darling blew their first year of that contract and entering the 2nd year the drama in his head took over. I can't believe we will see him again.

No sign of a Darling callup or a move back down for Neds... The Canes did send Bishop down to Charlotte today

Last edited:
Haydn Fleury was recalled from Charlotte. No extra forwards on the trip, only an extra dman. But it’s easier to play with 11 forwards than 5 dmen.

When asked the question about Neds possibly playing before the break, Brindy sort of waffled before answering that there is a good chance Neds gets a start (that would have to be the Vancouver game I would suspect).

Back