Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Game 3 - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens - THU OCT 11TH 7:30 EST *Home Opener*

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 3 - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens - THU OCT 11TH 7:30 EST *Home Ope

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    The boys must be tired. Second game in seven days, brutal.
    Actually shows in the execution that they were off this long

i would have rather seen them play two days after the Pens game.

Stupid scheduling
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Game 3 - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens - THU OCT 11TH 7:30 EST *Home Ope

I expect several of these games where we just lack finish
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Game 3 - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens - THU OCT 11TH 7:30 EST *Home Opener*

Stat of the night- of the Habs 40-SOG only 3 were within 10-feet of the net & only 15 from within 30-feet of the net
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 10-12-2018 at 10:20 AM.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m starting to think Drouin is just a dumb player. All the talent in the world but the elevator doesn’t reach the top floor.
    DRUBUST

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m starting to think Drouin is just a dumb player. All the talent in the world but the elevator doesn’t reach the top floor.
    I dunno. Kessel is dumb as **** and he's done just fine.

This "hockey IQ" thing seems made up sometimes. No other sports seem to use the "IQ" term.

I guess they just could be admitting that hockey players are generally dumb as **** when it comes to life/real smarts - so they throw them a bone by using this "Hockey IQ" term.
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 10-12-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post

This "hockey IQ" thing seems made up sometimes.
    Fat Phil produces every year . Without checking stats probably a top 10 goal scorer in the last 6 years He has elite offensive instincts . JD has done fck all besides grow his hair and make those spin moves on a pp and losing the puck .

Horrendous deal by Nero . This wasn`t a hockey deal .

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for GEEMAN: Are you using an accessibility device on your computer? Perhaps to assist with vision loss?

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for GEEMAN: Are you using an accessibility device on your computer? Perhaps to assist with vision loss?
    excuse me ... trying out some new contacts and misread your email

My bad

Post Thanks / Like

This "hockey IQ" thing seems made up sometimes. No other sports seem to use the "IQ" term.

I guess they just could be admitting that hockey players are generally dumb as **** when it comes to life/real smarts - so they throw them a bone by using this "Hockey IQ" term.
    I relate hockey IQ to smart decision making on the ice.

Petry as an example strikes me as a player with a limited hockey IQ, his decisions in the circumstance he's in on a certain plays are questionable.

Case in point the season opener vs the Leafs...being on the PP and having the Leafs on the ropes exhausted and running out of gas on the PK and he decides to take a very low percentage shot on an angle that he is sure to not hit the net and the puck clears the offensive zone, pretty much gave the Leafs a huge break.

This is just an example of a player that is not thinking and this isn't a one off...Petry often has brain farts.

I wouldn't say Drouin has a low hockey IQ but he is not really putting himself in a position to succeed
    Go Habs Go!

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

That term is pretty hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

why? hockey is a very fast game, making quick decisions on the fly is tough, making the right one is even tougher...

Post Thanks / Like

Fine, call it hockey smarts or whatever.

But it's a term that is widely used in hockey by coaches, analysts etc....
    Go Habs Go!

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Stat of the night- of the Habs 40-SOG only 3 were within 10-feet of the net & only 15 from within 30-feet of the net
    Campbell was rarely screened. He saw everything. When Shaw got in his grill they scored. Not a coincidence.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

So how would you explain his poor decision making?

Also, there’s a direct correlation of hockey iq and general iq. Most great players are smart.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Fine, call it hockey smarts or whatever.

But it's a term that is widely used in hockey by coaches, analysts etc....
    On ice vision was used years ago. Then they changed the term to hockey iq. It’s a catch all for knowing and anticipating the game. It’s just a term. No reason for people to mock it.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

So how would you explain his poor decision making?

Also, there’s a direct correlation of hockey iq and general iq. Most great players are smart.
    Have you heard guys like Gretzky, Messier, Mario, Tavares, Babcock etc. talk about things other than hockey? When they do it's cringe-worthy.

Having to specify "hockey IQ" as a real thing is essentially admitting that hockey players are generally dumb as **** when it comes to life/real smarts - so they throw them a bone by using this "Hockey IQ" term.

Post Thanks / Like

You equate ignorant to dumb.

That’s a fallacy.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a fallacy.
    Are you surprised that he doesn’t know the difference?

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    don't worry, I'm told we don't need size
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a fallacy.
    I am taking about how dumb they are, not how ignorant they are.

FYI -- usually dumb people are pretty ignorant. But let's move on -- you've created an opinion and won't be bothered. It's not really that big of deal.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast