• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Blackhawks 11/08, 8:30 Eastern

Thought Darlin held his own. Gave up that one short side goal that he'd like to have back but it was a shooting gallery in there of most off the game. Decent performance for him.
TVR and Hamilton were awful.

Nice to see Darling get a win! TVR and Hamilton were like keystone cops out there, awful is the best way to describe them. The Canes need to get some of these other guys scoring, McGinn and Williams each only have 1 goal apiece , Teuvo has 3...

OK ... only watched the condensed game, but a couple of things were obvious. First, while Williams didn't score himself, he obviously raised his game and did make a noticeable contribution out there. Good. That's what leaders do. Second, Slavin/Pesce just works and I hope this staff relaxes and leans into that paring. Third, yeah ... Darling was good enough. That's what we need from the big fella. You'd like to think he could iron out the kinks on some of his positioning issues, but honestly he's a big, long legged dude and some of that comes with the territory. When he commits to the big post to post push for example, it's not like he's got any brakes. That's a big mass in motion with not much friction. But get the basics right and trust your mates to score a few and I think we can all get through this thing with at least average goaltending.

Also ... nice to see Wallmark make some plays and that Aho assist was filthy. Good win.

Came away with 3 out of the possible 8 points for the road trip. Could have been worse.

And yes Slavin-Pesce need to be cast in stone. Have they tried deHann-Hamilton yet?

Came away with 3 out of the possible 8 points for the road trip. Could have been worse.

And yes Slavin-Pesce need to be cast in stone. Have they tried deHann-Hamilton yet?

To the best of my recollection, only for a few recovery shifts early in the season when we weren't playing Dougie on the power play for some stupid reason. Personally, I think that pairing would have real promise.

...And yes Slavin-Pesce need to be cast in stone. Have they tried deHann-Hamilton yet?

That's what I think should have happened long ago.

Slavin/Pesce is just a thing that we should never really consider undoing, via trade or mixing-up defensive pairings. Thirty other GM's would love to have such a pairing, especially at the long-term dollar value we have.

Read the other day that Hamilton was third in the league for shots taken, not just D-men, but all shooters. Yeah, they're not going in right now, but not for lack of trying. A good steady D-man partner is what he needs and de Haan is just that.

Our third pairing will sort itself out eventually, with or without Faulk and/or Fleury. Here's hoping for a Bean/Fox future.

If Darling can play like this consistently, he may have a chance. Keep that fiver covered son! Good stick work. Not so much reaching for the puck.

Back