• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The REAL Standings

Ah so now you admit it's not fair.

Thank you. That's all we wanted.

I've never once said it was fair.

In fact I've been trying to point out this entire time that no system the NHL has come up with has been fair. I have just never seen a fanbase bellyache about it to this extent before.

Must be going through a cup drought or something...

In fact I've been trying to point out this entire time that no system the NHL has come up with has been fair. I have just never seen a fanbase bellyache about it to this extent before.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Happy 25th (and soon to be 26th) anniversary, by the way.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Happy 25th (and soon to be 26th) anniversary, by the way.

Didn't say the habs weren't in their own, but I don't think you can look back at 2017 and see a bunch of habs fans whining about how unfair the format was.

The Bruins and lightning have commented on the unfairness too. In fact, everyone commented on it as soon as the format was rolled out. It's pretty fricking obvious. Do you live under a rock?

The Bruins and lightning have commented on the unfairness too. In fact, everyone commented on it as soon as the format was rolled out. It's pretty fricking obvious. Do you live under a rock?

As far as fanbases are concerned it seems the leafs here and over at SBNation are the ones crying the most about it, but maybe that's just me noticing leafs fans being whiny.

As far as fanbases are concerned it seems the leafs here and over at SBNation are the ones crying the most about it, but maybe that's just me noticing leafs fans being whiny.

You spend much of your time on a leafs forum. Typically you'll see leafs fans here. This is where they discuss all things related to hockey. At times, you will see comments on the playoffs and in particular, the format.

Happy to help.

You spend much of your time on a leafs forum. Typically you'll see leafs fans here. This is where they discuss all things related to hockey. At times, you will see comments on the playoffs and in particular, the format.

Happy to help.

I also mentioned SBNation, another hockey site. One that I'm not on the leafs board. Same thing.

Yeah. But I don't think even the league ever claimed it was intended to be fair. It was always about getting as many division matchups as possible, so that Toronto would face Boston, TB, Mtl, etc... every year in the playoffs, instead of matching up against Pittsburgh or Carolina.

Of course, what's crazy about it is that they still have that #7/#8 seed crossover, so if the Habs get hot to end the season, we could actually end up with a better first round matchup than you guys, and potentially avoid TB for the first couple rounds.

BOS w/Rask in Net: .915sv%, .679pts% (111pt pace)
TOR w/Fred in Net: .917sv%, .682pts% (112pt pace)

Yeah. But I don't think even the league ever claimed it was intended to be fair. It was always about getting as many division matchups as possible, so that Toronto would face Boston, TB, Mtl, etc... every year in the playoffs, instead of matching up against Pittsburgh or Carolina.

Of course, what's crazy about it is that they still have that #7/#8 seed crossover, so if the Habs get hot to end the season, we could actually end up with a better first round matchup than you guys, and potentially avoid TB for the first couple rounds.

Okay but the point is it's fair for fans of the NHL to complain or discuss the format and whether it is the best for the league. I'm not so sure why that topic would be illegal.

Vs Boston:

Last Year Regular: 48.5cf%, 48.4scf%, 38.9hdcf% ---- .921sv% (3-1-0)
Last Year Playoffs: 47.3cf%, 48.0scf%, 50.4hdcf% --- .886sv% (3-4-0)

so even though we won the season series last year, we didn't actually play great, and in the playoffs we lost the goaltending edge.

This Year Regular: 50.6cf%, 52.0scf%, 56.2hdcf% ---- .882sv%

so despite losing the season series this year, we actually played pretty well, other than goaltending. if we get goaltending in the playoffs, we should be good.

5 on 5 I'm not so worried. Special teams and goaltending will probably be the difference maker. And of course various bounces and luck since it's likely to go 6-7 games. Those often come down to a coin flip.

5 on 5 I'm not so worried. Special teams and goaltending will probably be the difference maker. And of course various bounces and luck since it's likely to go 6-7 games. Those often come down to a coin flip.

special teams weren't even a big issue this year I don't think - 3goals for us (14:38toi), 4 goals for them (18:03).

So your plan would have been to punt on the 25 yr old coming off of a ridiculous season in the ahl in favour of the 35 yr old journeyman backup?

Deckie was spot on with you. Process matters, a lot. You're not going to get the result you want every time with the right process but it will be a lot better over the long term than focusing on short term result as your guiding metric

Back