• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 21 - Washington Capitals @ Montreal Canadiens - MON NOV 19TH 7:30 EST

Re: Game 21: Habs/Caps GDT

truly sad that Benn will be a top four guy when he is just horrible

Yes, and I had no idea Schlemko was a guy who would play the power play. Thought he was a defensive guy too. Then again, I rarely saw him since he's been hurt most of the time since his arrival. Yet, there he is, on the pp. Options must be truly limited.

This lost is on julien. Benching the 4th line and play with only 3 lines for 27 minutes for a tired team was dumb and it showed It showed in the 3rd where the caps had 9 scoring chances and we had none.

Also, keep dressing Benn and shlemko and give them prime minutes is beyond stupid. No clue what is there strategy for the defense. Even if guys are horrible, they seems like untouchable and never get it back for their bad plays. Can’t tell me Ouellet is not better than these 2 bozos...

Also, if you are to destroy Mete’s confidence, just send him to Laval where he will play minutes. Even with Julsen out of the game, he barely played while Benn and shlemko were giving the game away to the caps.

Ouellet is not better than Benn. I would play him over Schlemko though.

Also, the fourth line was horrible last night, it is understandable why they weren’t used much in the third.

This lost is on julien. Benching the 4th line and play with only 3 lines for 27 minutes for a tired team was dumb and it showed It showed in the 3rd where the caps had 9 scoring chances and we had none.

Also, keep dressing Benn and shlemko and give them prime minutes is beyond stupid. No clue what is there strategy for the defense. Even if guys are horrible, they seems like untouchable and never get it back for their bad plays. Can’t tell me Ouellet is not better than these 2 bozos...

Also, if you are to destroy Mete’s confidence, just send him to Laval where he will play minutes. Even with Julsen out of the game, he barely played while Benn and shlemko were giving the game away to the caps.
The 4th line is pure garbage- DLo doesn’t belong in the NHL and Hudon is a borderline NHLer compounded by lack of IQ & laziness.

Mete should’ve been playing in OT vs a Schlemko IMO

I think Hudon can be productive. Deslauriers and Peca are the ones bringing that line down.

I think Hudon can be productive. Deslauriers and Peca are the ones bringing that line down.
Over the last 5-games, Hudon has regularly missed his coverage assignments leading to a goal against. Repeats the same mistakes over & over again.

The 4th line is pure garbage- DLo doesn’t belong in the NHL and Hudon is a borderline NHLer compounded by lack of IQ & laziness.

Mete should’ve been playing in OT vs a Schlemko IMO
I hate Dumbko as much as anyone but what has Mete shown offensively to deserve an OT shift?

Over the last 5-games, Hudon has regularly missed his coverage assignments leading to a goal against. Repeats the same mistakes over & over again.

True statement, but I can say the same for half the team starting with Drouin, Tatar and Gallagher. Hudon is not a defensive player, he always was an offensive player. When he was not in the lineup earlier this season, the 4th line, which was generating scoring chances in the early part of the season, was because Hudon was not on it. As soon as Hudon got back, they started to have scoring chances again. Hudon is more of a playmaker, but with 4th liners, all you can do is generate scoring chances, but not a lot of actual scoring.

Still think he should play top 3 instead of Lekonen who is only good on the forcheck. Lokhonen has no shot, can't pass for shit and missed so many golden chances it's frustrating. He is our new Turner Stevenson, faster but less physical.

Lehkonen is the new Plekanec, coach’s favorite. I just don’t see Julien demoting him.

Afraid to get hit?

No. He doesn’t realize or understand that in AAA hockey there’s no time to put on a skills clinic. You have to do everything quickly and efficiently. For better or worse, you have to play like a drone.

Last edited:
No. He doesn’t realize or understand that in AAA hockey there’s no time to put on a skills clinic. You have to do everything quickly and efficiently. For better or worse, you have to play like a drone.
part of the issues of course is that players do so much "skill development" now. They think edging, stickhandling etc can easily be transferred to a game forgetting in a game there are opponents stopping you.

Back